Potential Scale 7 north meeting?

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the offer of the club rooms. they have a lot going for them. The benefit of the Carlisle location is between 1.5 to 2 hours from 90% of the "Northern" membership, unless you live closer then it's a bonus. It's got good connections to the motorway and public transport, to a point.

I have been given a tip, this afternoon, about another hall closer to the city centre which has good public transport links, plenty of free parking and it is walkable from the Carlisle railway station 20 mins walk. I have enquired about availability and cost but I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Marc

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
That's great. Paul, Hopefully it will be more than just me and you other wise its going to be a very boaring day for you. It a 160 round trip for me and I live in the same admin zone, for the moment.

Marc

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
22nd fine for me too and only 260 miles round trip. I was thinking of going to the Mark meeting this year but that is 900!

Ian.

Last edited:

Mudhen

Western Thunderer
The 22nd October is good for me, only 610 mile round trip but great excuse to get away for a couple of days.

Tim

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Accommodation comes in all forms and sizes, but for anyone looking for something around Carlisle or perhaps thinking of a mini-break with a partner who is not too bothered about attending the meet, I'm sure you would enjoy staying here - we certainly did a few years back en route to the far north (since changed hands but wouldn't hesitate to stay again):

Tony Overton

Western Thunderer
As a non car driver based in Nottingham I always look to see how (if) I can get to these meetings. Getting to Mark is only really possible for me thanks to the generosity of a lift offered by friends. If I am to go alone to events then I'll only attend if public transport is easily accessible. Distance doesn't put me off as long as I can get out and back in a day. A northern meeting gets my thumbs up as long as I can use buses and/or trains easily.
Cheers
Tony

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I did qualify my statement with "Northern Members". This is more to do with geography than population density. Anyway, Geographically the centre of the UK is Haltwhistle in Northumberland which is not that far from Carlisle. It would be a nice place to hold a meeting but apart from east west transport links is pretty hard to get to.

Marc

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Just a quick update on progress with the meeting. We are good to go for the 22nd of October. I haven't finalised the exact location as I'm waiting for some information about a potential venue that is within walking distance of Carlisle railway station.
The committee have organised for the Somerset groups test track to make the long trip north and Paul is hoping to bring the Stores stand as well. As for trade support I will be bring my, Pre-grouping Rlys, stand. others are welcome.

Marc

Last edited:

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Just a quick update on progress with the meeting. We are good to go for the 22nd of September. I haven't finalised the exact location as I'm waiting for some information about a potential venue that is within walking distance of Carlisle railway station.
The committee have organised for the Somerset groups test track to make the long trip north and Paul is hoping to bring the Stores stand as well. As for trade support I will be bring my, Pre-grouping Rlys, stand. others are welcome.

Marc

Mark,

A bit of confusion creeping in as to the proposed date! Is it the 22nd of October or 22nd September. The October date has more mentions on this thread.

Good to get the test track as not all of us have access to a continuous run.

Ian.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Sorry idiot typing it is October not September. You are quite correct Ian. Still suffering from Brain fog and getting shows mixed up!

Your not the only one, with a limited run, at the moment I have a yard of track.

Marc

Last edited: