Praising good traders

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I’m sure there’s already a thread for this sort of thing, but here I am.

I placed an order for some paint from Phoenix-Precision at around 11am Friday. Emails confirmed the order, then quickly that it had been despatched, then tracking information. The latter said it should be with me by early next week.

The doorbell just rang. My paint is delivered. About 24 hours. Well done Phoenix-Precision and, surprisingly, the Yodel network. :thumbs:

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
I have always given a courtesy telephone call to any supplier when the goods I order have turned up safe and sound, even if it happens to have been a few days late due to this current climate we are in.
It is usually appreciated by the traders and I feel it does help and encourage them for future orders / sales.

I'm just an old fashioned chap I suppose.

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Whilst it is heart warming to post recommendations for whoever goes the extra mile, could some consideration be applied to the few that do not. Thankfully, I do not have a list of such miscreants but is a sense of balance essential?

BR

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Whilst it is heart warming to post recommendations for whoever goes the extra mile, could some consideration be applied to the few that do not. Thankfully, I do not have a list of such miscreants but is a sense of balance essential?

BR

I think there's already many many moaning threads on other forums covering what have become the usual suspects. IMO I don't think it's worth repeating here and I quite like the idea of a public 'well done' to those that have done well. The positive stuff does tend to get forgotten these days.

GrahameH

Western Thunderer

BR

May I respectfully suggest not, that isn't the essence of this thread and it is useful to know those "good" and "praiseworthy" experiences.

Perhaps you should first ask Heather if she would mind having such a list, if not then maybe you could start a similar thread to reflect the miscreants as you refer to them.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
May I respectfully suggest not, that isn't the essence of this thread ....
I would suggest it isn't the essence of this whole Forum, either.

Leave the 'griping' stuff on other places. The Guv would not have approved either, one thing he was most keen on was to leave the 'politics' of other Forums where they were - a by-product of which developed into the unwritten "No Wishlists" rule. ;)

Daddyman

Western Thunderer
I’d prefer to keep this thread to praising traders rather than the opposite. There are always examples of bad practice or whatever - I’ve done my fair share in a couple of build threads, if I’m honest - but I think it’s nicer to be positive where we can in the current climate.
In that case, I apologise for mine, which I now see wasn't in the spirit of the thread/forum. I've obviously been too long on the Dark Side! Post deleted.

Sheffield

Yes I would also include Peartree Engineering. If there is going to be a delay he will explain so that the customer knows what is happening. Very good. And an excellent product in my view.