7mm Re: Eastsidepilot's S7 work bench

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Another one bites the dust..........NBR Reid Class I Atlantic No. 906 "Teribus"

View attachment 51914

You have captured the work stained appearance of a well cared for locomotive at the end of a day's work. Too often pre group models are depicted ex works when in reality they should show some of the effects of soot, smoke and road dirt. My only criticism is that the tender has too much coal left in it, unless of course it has been coaled before being cleaned for the next day!!
Superb work.
Ian

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
You have captured the work stained appearance of a well cared for locomotive at the end of a day's work. Too often pre group models are depicted ex works when in reality they should show some of the effects of soot, smoke and road dirt. My only criticism is that the tender has too much coal left in it, unless of course it has been coaled before being cleaned for the next day!!
Superb work.
Ian

Appreciate the comments guys.
Ian,
I did wonder if I'd over cooked it with the coal but the more I looked at the photo of Teribus ( Loco's Illustrated ) I was convinced I got it about right. So perhaps she' been re-coaled without getting a proper clean.:D

This is the final livery style, different lettering configuration on the tender.
Teribus.jpg
ATB, Col.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Saw this in the flesh today and I have to sadly say, the photos do not do it justice, it's a beast of an engine and looks stunning, all the more so as it's mostly scratch built, very impressive :thumbs:

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Hi Colin,

Very pretty little loco and nicely done in working condition. The way you have captured the well cared for, but work stained finish, is superb.

A bit of trivia which might be of interest, the tender on these engines is a standard G&SWR design going back to the 1880s. Dubs built quite a few locos for the G&SW and just modified the tenders for the M&SWJ order.

Ian.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Superb Col, fantastic weathering job. Any chance of a shot of the inside motion please?

ATB Mick

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Thanks Guys, appreciate your comments. I don't seem to have the time these days to describe blow by blow accounts of the work I carry out but I know you all like plenty of photos/pictures etc.

Superb Col, fantastic weathering job. Any chance of a shot of the inside motion please?

ATB Mick

Here you are Mick.........

DSCF3482.JPG DSCF3491.JPG

As I mentioned earlier the loco was not built by myself, it's classic old school, 1/16" brass bar frames screwed together etc. The superstructure was very well made considering it was a scratch build and the wheels were Alan Harris.
My part was the inside motion, crank axle, fit the motor/gearbox then paint.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Fascinating model of a prototype I'd love to build. The problem is that I've come to a dead end as regards drawings.
Did you have anything useful to work to or is the inside motion a 'best guess'?

Steph

p.s. nice to nearly see you at Kettering ;-)

mswjr

Western Thunderer
Lovely model,Im building no 12 in 5 inch gauge ,Steph,There are no drawings for this loco,But there is a good G.A drawing of the side.But as you said there is none of the motion,I just followed another design to get the valve gear .

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Fascinating model of a prototype I'd love to build. The problem is that I've come to a dead end as regards drawings.
Did you have anything useful to work to or is the inside motion a 'best guess'?

Steph

p.s. nice to nearly see you at Kettering ;-)

Steph,
No drawings I'm afraid so just a sort of educated ? guess :D

Sorry we didn't get to chat at Kettering, I could see you were busy and thought I'd catch up later .........but you know what it's like at these shows mate!

Col.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Col,
No probs, the community is relatively small so I'm sure I'll catch up with you soon.
All the best,
Steph

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
M&S.W.J.R. Dubs 2-4-0 No.10
This one was not built by me but was handed over requiring working inside motion, crank axle, motor/gearbox, painting and weathering.
This is the result and handed over in time at Kettering.

View attachment 53072 View attachment 53073

Is this the one that was featured in NL94? I admit I was sorely tempted myself even though it would have been a major distraction... You've made a super job of it, as usual. If it is the same it might be nice to publish a photo of it in NL104?

Richard