Re: The hello thread

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Give us a chance - I only just got here! :laugh:

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps - I guess I'd better go and start a thread on the 37.

Dan - Yes, I am Telford bound in a couple of weeks - I'll be there on the Saturday.

S

Simon Dunkley

The hello thread

Hello,

Greetings from a very rainy Rutland.
(No, it won't be good for the Water, at least not directly: that's extracted from the Welland and Nene, then fed back to Anglia Water's customers. We're Severn Trent...)

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

Simon Dunkley said:
Hello,

Greetings from a very rainy Rutland.
(No, it won't be good for the Water, at least not directly: that's extracted from the Welland and Nene, then fed back to Anglia Water's customers. We're Severn Trent...)
Hello Simon :wave: :wave:
Its very wet in Hereford, it seems as if summer has deserted us, and we shall be bringing the remains of the hanging baskets in this weekend.
Are we going to be seeing anything in S scale?

S

Simon Dunkley

The hello thread

28ten said:
Are we going to be seeing anything in S scale?
Who knows - it could just as easily be One32!
Or, on a good day, both.

S

Simon Dunkley

The hello thread

CME & Bottlewasher said:
What's your interests?
Thank you for the welcome.

My interests are essentially baby Sulzers and DMUs on the Cambrian, but I have a half-built Fred Phipps D63xx in G1, plus a few other bits in that scale.
Ostensibly I am building an S scale layout in the garage, but today I do not feel very motivated.

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

Simon Dunkley said:
[quote=""CME & Bottlewasher"":175eawmg]
What's your interests?

My interests are essentially baby Sulzers and DMUs on the Cambrian, but I have a half-built Fred Phipps D63xx in G1, plus a few other bits in that scale.
Ostensibly I am building an S scale layout in the garage, but today I do not feel very motivated.[/quote:175eawmg]
I know the feeling with the motivation, I lost all will over the summer but I seem to be back on the way up at the moment....

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Simon Dunkley said:
[quote=""CME & Bottlewasher"":1fni75ho]
What's your interests?

Ostensibly I am building an S scale layout in the garage, but today I do not feel very motivated.[/quote:1fni75ho]
Sounds like an interesting combination of projects Simon , welcome aboard .

Phill :wave:

D

Dukedog

The hello thread

Hello!
Just found this forum after being told of it's existence by a good friend.
I have just spent a quiet half hour browsing the threads and pleasantly surprised to find quite a few familiar names here.

I will contribute to the forum once I have had more time to get used to things.
A lot of you will already be familiar with my interest in BR western region in the late 50's / early 60's and also with some of my modelling which is already displayed on other forums.

Thanks for letting me in.
As ever
Frank

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Welcome aboard to Frank, Simon D and Welshwizard :wave:

Dukedog said:
I have just spent a quiet half hour browsing the threads and pleasantly surprised to find quite a few familiar names here.
Hi Frank; some of us use our real names here - you might know me as "F-Unitmad" on RMweb :oops: and we met once at the Hagley Railfest a couple of years back. Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
The hello thread

Dukedog said:
Hello!
Just found this forum after being told of it's existence by a good friend.

I will contribute to the forum once I have had more time to get used to things.
A lot of you will already be familiar with my interest in BR western region in the late 50's / early 60's and also with some of my modelling which is already displayed on other forums.

Thanks for letting me in.
As ever
Frank
Hi Frank
Anything Cambrian is good to me :thumbs:

D

Dukedog

The hello thread

Thanks for the welcoming messages folks.
I've only just realised though that the forum was set up for the "larger Scales" I model in 4mm 00 gauge so I'm probably a little out of place here.
Never the less I appreciate good modelling in all scales and gauges so will continue to look and observe.
I'm still catching up with the older threads here to see what's been happening and who is who.

In response to Jordan, yes I do remember us meeting up at Hagley 2008, Chris Gilbert has invited my layout to this years show but, I haven't heard from him to confirm anything.

BTW I shall be exhibiting Pen Y Bont at the YMR/Kernow MRC exhibition at Redruth next weekend (4th/5th Sept) if any one is in the area please feel welcome to come along and say Hi.

As ever
Frank

S

Simon Dunkley

The hello thread

Dukedog said:
I've only just realised though that the forum was set up for the "larger Scales" I model in 4mm 00 gauge so I'm probably a little out of place here.
Hi Frank,

Shome mishtake shurely?

The strapline says "Modelling the Western Region in all scales and all regions in the larger scales" (my emphasis).

Simon

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The hello thread

Dukedog said:
BTW I shall be exhibiting Pen Y Bont at the YMR/Kernow MRC exhibition at Redruth next weekend (4th/5th Sept) if any one is in the area please feel welcome to come along and say Hi.
I have a sneaking feeling most of us will be somewhere else next weekend... :scratch: ;) :D

... but enjoy the show & do post some pics, especially of your Pen Y Bont; if I remember correctly it has one of the best-modelled-ever country lanes on it... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

D

Dukedog

The hello thread

Jordan said:
I have a sneaking feeling most of us will be somewhere else next weekend... :scratch: ;) :D

... but enjoy the show & do post some pics, especially of your Pen Y Bont; if I remember correctly it has one of the best-modelled-ever country lanes on it... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yes quite! I almost forgot that my journey south coincides with the Guild "Do" at Telford.
It seems strange that most of you guys will be heading for Telford when I am going away from it!

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The hello thread

And a big hello from me too :D

Especially to simon dunkley who is a friend from another forum but the penny has only just dropped that it was actually him (stop changing your username). And I know that Mr Ploffy will pick up on this so I'll say it first, the penny has further to drop these days ;) :laugh:

S

Simon Dunkley

The hello thread

marsa69 said:
Especially to simon dunkley who is a friend from another forum but the penny has only just dropped that it was actually him (stop changing your username).
Well, I decided life would be simpler if I used my real name. Also, I am more likely to behave myself than if I use a nom de plume.
This is admittedly a rare example of insight and self-control, but sometimes it is nice to surprise oneself...

That's "more like to behave myself", not just "behave myself"... ;)

Edit:
PS, thank you to everyone for the welcome. Much appreciated. As is the inspirational modelling on here, even if some people are too diffident about their own skill levels!