Reading trade show 4th December

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric, Toooooo far for me i'm affraid.And it would cost a fair bit in petrol :headbang:
But i am already saving for next years calender :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
I would like to go to this show as well and wouldn't mind car sharing with anyone from the East Midlands/Lincolnshire/Rutland area. Any takers then drop us a line  :D

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
I'm probably going to give it a miss this year.  I'm not in the market for purchasing any more stuff at the moment, and most of the traders that I'd be interested will, most probably, be at the Bristol show in January.

It's not the cost so much, although that is a factor, but the hassle of driving to Reading!

Willy

Western Thunderer
I have plans to come over; provided I can get out of France that is!  ::)

And if I do make it, it will be my first visit to an 'exhibition' since 2001 so I am looking forward to it. :D

Willy

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
doubtful if I'll be there - one of the few things that I've missed since moving, especially as I ran the Bring & Buy stand for quite a while.

Those of you who go have a good time.

regards

Mike
'Country' Guildford GOG member

Willy

Western Thunderer
Purple-haze said:
Willy,just to remind you  that it's a trade show not an exhibition!Hope this is not a suck egg situation!!

regards

Rog

Thank you for pointing that out to me Rog but I am aware of the type of show and that is why I put ?exhibition? in quotes. It is not a problem reminding me though because it would be a long way to come on a false premise, especially if I had been expecting something like Telford, which is the last event that I attended!

This is going to be a shopping trip and I have a long list of ?must haves? so I am looking forward to it. :drool:

Willy

Willy

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Willy, it can get quite crowded at times, but the afternoon tends to be quieter for shopping.

I have earmarked the whole day Guv'nor so hopefully I can get around and see everything. :thumbs:

Willy

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Does anybody from the Guildford group know if a Scale7 loop as been added to the test track yet ? I had heard rumours of such a project a while back...

JB.

28ten

Guv'nor
I can confirm that I wont be there  :)) I shall be flogging off baby gear in a local church hall  :headbang: the weather does seem to be easing at the weekend so good luck to those going

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
I'm still intending to go; assuming First Great Western don't go a bit 'random' like they did last weekend...

The weather isn't likely to stop me, though it may make life a little challenging for a mate of mine who's coming down from Leeds.

Just keep your eyes open for the tw@ in the h@...!

Steph

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Scale7JB said:
Does anybody from the Guildford group know if a Scale7 loop as been added to the test track yet ? I had heard rumours of such a project a while back...

JB.

An interesting question and as a member of the GOGG and of S7G a question which I raised within the Guildford Group at the beginning of the year...  at a time when the group was discussing their new test track.  On the basis that track laying for the new test track is underway and that there is neither S7 track being laid nor space for same then the answer would appear to be no.

As regards the trade show this coming weekend, I shall be doing my bit as a Steward....

regards, Graham