7mm Ressaldar's Workshop - a paintshop diversion

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
as a final run-in to starting the H33 conversion, although much delayed due to the shingles, I am painting/finishing yet another D2046 Inspection saloon

IMG_4012.JPG

nothing out of the ordinary, JLTRT blue & grey for the sides and Railmatch yellow on the ends - all from rattle cans

IMG_4013.JPG

ETH gear is from JLTRT - the lower bits still to be fitted to the buffer beam, I thought it was safer to paint the bits before fitting

IMG_4014.JPG

glazing, windscreen wipers, furniture and layout plans still to fit. The chassis will be lightly weathered, but the body will be left pristine. Transfers are by Precision. Some minor touching up to be done as well.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Thanks Richard, I'm enjoying this painting, especially as I was able to do all of the spraying outside in the sun.

Hopefully, I should be getting the information that I have been seeking for the H33 conversion some time this week, so it should be full steam/regulator ahead.

cheers

Mike

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
As excellent as that is Mike:thumbs: it will be a while before i get one. I have to concentrate on getting my railway up and running. ;)

Just as a matter of interest is the Easybuild one the right sort ( BR WR 1970's ) for me or would i need a different one. ( i hav'nt a scoobydoo about Inspection Saloons:confused:

Rob:)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

most of the Hawksworth designed Q13 Inspection saloons were still running in the 80s, if not the 90s - an etched brass kit is available form Orion Models (no website but they advertise from time to time in the Gazette and they will be at Telford) also I think, soon to be available from Hurn models. The Easybuild kit covers the three 1963 Diag 1/552 Swindon built Mk 1s - DB999506, 8 & 9 - DB999508 is still running as the Track Inspection Coach DB999506 & 9 are in preservation although I am not sure where. Then there is the S&T conversion that I am about to start.
cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
finished at last

IMG_4038.JPG

Guards elevation

IMG_4039.JPG

corridor elevation

IMG_4040.JPG

corridor 3/4 elevation

IMG_4041.JPG

Guards 3/4 elevation from small saloon end

IMG_4042.JPG

Guards 3/4 elevation from large saloon end

IMG_4043.JPG

close up of large saloon end

now ready to be packed after a final test run tomorrow at the Club.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
The paint Finnish looks good did you take any photos as you did it

Hi John,

many thanks for your comment. I did not build this one, only put on the BR bits & pieces, but I have built three over the past few years and the kit does go together very well. The following shots were taken of the first build and hopefully give a flavour of the kit.IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Fire away with any questions.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Any excuse to try out the new phone camera - the final running-in trials for the Inspection Saloon prior to sending off

WP_20130724_005.jpg

a tail load of three presents no problems to the 121 (The Snapper bringing up the rear)

WP_20130724_009.jpg

WP_20130724_010.jpg

taken at the Club yesterday, it was nice and quiet with just two of us in attendance.

The 'tarmac' platform surface is from an aerosol in the 'Texture' range in B&Q and gives a convincing surface without any further attention required - all 'work in (very slow) progress'.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Heather,

on an old subject, I notice that the phone camera (Nokia Lumia 520 - 5Mb) has picked up the red tail light, which if you recall, the Canon EOS 450D did not. One for me to remember

cheers

Mike

daifly

Western Thunderer
Forgive the question from an amateur, but would a point red light be corrected bythe camera's red-eye reduction if selected?