Rob P's Silhouette Cameo Cutter Workbench

Discussion in 'CAD Corner' started by Rob Pulham, 1 October 2015.

1. Rob Pulham

Rob Pulham Western Thunderer

As opposed to 'Hansom'?:))

Sorry, Brian I couldn't resist.

Pencarrow likes this.
  2. GrahameH

GrahameH Western Thunderer

Very nice model Rob time well spent.

Rob Pulham likes this.
  3. oldravendale

oldravendale Western Thunderer

Exactly!...

Rob Pulham likes this.
  4. Dave Bowden

Dave Bowden Western Thunderer

All it needs now Rob is a horse! :)

Dave

5. Rob Pulham

It has been suggested that I draw one in Fusion....

6. Rob Pulham

Just to finish this off for now, here is the finished article.

GNR One horse Parcel van Finished 2.jpg

GNR One horse Parcel van Finished 3.jpg

GNR One horse Parcel van Finished.jpg
    I do think that the slightly rustic look of the glazing really suits the period vehicle.

7. adrian

adrian Flying Squad

Just checked Modelu website - nothing listed! Perhaps someone ought to point out a potential market for them.

Rob Pulham likes this.
  8. Phil O

Phil O Western Thunderer

A selection of different sized horses, for different jobs, you wouldn't want a shire horse for that cart.

simond and Rob Pulham like this.
  9. Rob Pulham

I didn't post pictures of the finished article before now because I planned to enter it in the GOG modelling competition. Which was held today.

I am pleased to say it took first place in the Rolling Stock section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. simond

simond Western Thunderer

Well deserved, I’d say, Rob, a lovely piece. Do you have a prototype photo by any chance?

11. michl080

michl080 Western Thunderer

Rob,
    it is wonderful. You can add one vote from me, I was to late to cast my vote :oops:
    Michael

12. Rob Pulham

Of the carriage on an implement wagon? No, but I do have a picture of the parcels van resting on a saw horse. I am reluctant to post it as I am pretty sure that it's copyrighted because it's in the book GNR in Focus

simond likes this.
  13. michl080

michl080 Western Thunderer

Rob,

just noticed that you need two more ropes to secure the body. Right now, only the wheels are secured, but the body might flip over. :cool:

Only noticed after admiring the pictures for 5 minutes.

Michael

simond and Rob Pulham like this.
  14. michael mott

michael mott Western Thunderer

Rob what a great subject and presentation, no need for a horse in this case. lovely model. There is a museum in the south of our province called the Remmington Carriage Museum https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...2ahUKEwiRrs7GuIb0AhXGpZ4KHbziAUEQoip6BAhHEAM#
    Sorry about the long link The museum has one of the largest collections in the world, and a fully operational workshop where they make wheels etc. They have a great archive of information.

Michael

Rob Pulham likes this.
  15. Rob Pulham

Thanks Michael, they look to have quite a collection. I have bookmarked it for further perusal.

16. Pencarrow

Pencarrow Western Thunderer

Certainly got my vote.

Rob Pulham likes this.
  17. paratom

paratom Western Thunderer

I think you are asking for a tall order here for the Silhouette cutter to cut these shapes accurately and to get a pleasing result. This looks like an etching job if it is to produce a good result. You could laser cut the shapes but then you have the problem of producing the rivets. How will you produce the rivets on the curved sections ? There is product you can buy that is a sheet of differently spaced rivets that can be stuck down but that would be only useful on the straight sections. I model in EM and I have used an American company called Scalehardware.com that produce scale rivets, not cheap but they look fantastic when used and look better than the punched or stuck on ones. Good luck with the project and post the results.
    Small Parts & Hardware