Prototype Santa Fe Reefer Walkaround

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Thanks Rob. Now if you could just do the same with one of those modern 64ft ARMN jobbies, that would be great :thumbs: :D :)

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Thanks Rob. Now if you could just do the same with one of those modern 64ft ARMN jobbies, that would be great :thumbs: :D :)
I tried but it was part of a long manifest stopped for clearance on the main line, sorry ;)

Last edited:

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Yes, don't get run over or killed, it isn't that important!! :oops: (& no one makes one in O Scale anyway!)
You get a few seconds warning, just keep an eye on the brake cylinder, when it closes.....it's going! I did get some of a reefer trackside but nothing too detailed and I was looking for a clean one, but every single one I saw was covered in graffiti half way up.

I did get some better walk around, mostly two bay hoppers of varying designs and a 100t bottom dump coal gondola, plus some bigger three bay hoppers line side.

Just around 6000 photos so it'll take a while to work through them. A decent two bay etch set up is my priority right now. It's fascinating to watch and listen to DPUs start and then configure when they go on line, lots of hissing and clunking.

Rob R

Western Thunderer

Wouldn't know what that was if it ran over me...
Could do this if I get back to Perris, close enuf?
DSCF2015.JPG

R

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Rob, an ARMN is one of those big white reefers we saw covered in graffiti, they're modern stock so unlikely to be preserved as yet. That above is an Amtrak baggage car so photos would be good but if you can't get back not a great upset.