7mm Scale 7 MOK 9F in Spain

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
I like your comment's but we don't own the houses we only rent, and I have a bad back so I can't help my wife and we can't afford to rent bigger places so I can do my modelling, if I won the lottery if would be different.

Len

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Len,
Sorry to hear of you problems and intention to give up modelling. As others have already said, try and find a way to carry on. I know 4 mm stuff takes up less room than 7 mm, but for years I just worked on a tray on the dining table. OK, hand tools only, but I managed to build several locos that way. Admittedly, I had a very understanding wife, who allowed model bit to lie around without having to clear away after every session, but I'm sure you could negotiate a similar concession.
Hope you resolve the problem and manage to carry on.
Dave.

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Len, good to hear that you're settled and still able to do modelling.
The scoop mechanism looks the same as valve gear assembly. Brass lace pins or lengths of wire fixed to one side of the jaws with the ends of the link blackened and use of cigarette paper to prevent accidentally soldering the link to the jaws?
Dave.

chigley

Western Thunderer
The scoop mechanism looks the same as valve gear assembly. Brass lace pins or lengths of wire fixed to one side of the jaws with the ends of the link blackened and use of cigarette paper to prevent accidentally soldering the link to the jaws?
Dave.
dont give it up Len, you cant keep a good man down.
Ken

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
Dave.
Hi Dave, I will have to try that.

Len

michael080

Western Thunderer
You could try without soldering. Take a piece of soft brass wire (eventually annealed) of the correct length and hit the end on both sides carefully with a centre punch. This should expand the end of the wire so that it is fixes in the cast part.
Michael

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
You obviously solved the problem, Len. Glad to see you remembered to thread that stretcher onto the mechanism - and the right way up! Forgot fit it on my Scot and had to cut a slot in the stretcher, so it could be fitted later.
Dave.