Scale7 JB Workbench.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
Hi Rob, Who makes the LMS BG. I could do with one of those myself :thumbs:
Hi Lancer mine is a CRT kits which is a good kit but the bogies are a bit basic - I had to do quite a bit of scratch building on them and details can be found here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/6945-rob-pulhams-7mm-workbench/
Sidelines also do one and from what I have seen the bogies are much better. I bought the lost wax brake standard and the torpedo vents from Sidelines (mine is a period one and it came with white metal shell vents)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Perfect Miniatures stand pretty much set up... Just in the hotel having a pint of Guiness Extra Cold!

JB.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Rob Pulham said:
[quote=""lancer1027"":39mfcufw]Hi Rob, Who makes the LMS BG. I could do with one of those myself :thumbs:
Hi Lancer mine is a CRT kits which is a good kit but the bogies are a bit basic - I had to do quite a bit of scratch building on them and details can be found here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/6945-rob-pulhams-7mm-workbench/
Sidelines also do one and from what I have seen the bogies are much better. I bought the lost wax brake standard and the torpedo vents from Sidelines (mine is a period one and it came with white metal shell vents)[/quote:39mfcufw]

Hi Rob , thanks for the info ,i will have a look at those :thumbs:

Cheers Rob :wave: (yes another Rob)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
No worries Rob, I have a Heywood period I suburban in the to build pile as well (I managed to pick it up recently on ebay for ?42 - I got a real shock when I got their catalogue and it was listed at well over a ?100).

Jonathan, It was nice to meet you toady and see that the L1 looks just as good in the flesh so to speak. :thumbs:

Apologies to everyone for not making it to the test track for 12.00 - my wife is recovering from illness and was ready to drop by then so I had to get her a cuppa and a sit down. Still I managed to get most of the bits I needed and the transfers, so a determined effort to finish the BG is now under way.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob, Hope you had a good day at Halifax :thumbs:
Yes it looks like you got a bargain there mate for ?42 :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I finally crumbled and got myself an Iwata outift from PJH the other day..

I dived straight into it... Quite happy with the wagon (please excuse the huge wheel flanges  :laugh:  ) thought I think it will need some dry brushing on the bolt heads, and maybe a bit of rust on the end brackets too..

Then I thought I would jump in to the K2... hmmm, not so sure on this one... needs A LOT of work...!! I need to get myself a few flattie brushes for the water streaks on the boiler.

Attachments

• K2_Weathered.jpg
    K2_Weathered.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 64
  • weatheredwagon1.jpg
    weatheredwagon1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 62
  • weatheredwagon2.jpg
    weatheredwagon2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 62

28ten

Guv'nor
The iwatta is top kit, it has improved my spraying 100%. I find the paint is going much further as well, probably due to better atomisation.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Dan...! Looking forward to really messing the K2 up with the dry brushing and some weathering powders...

I'm loving using the Iwata, Cynric. The last time I used an airbrush was around 12 years ago doing my A-level Graph Comm project, but it's lovely and easy to use.. I think I might be spending a little less time on the L1 now :headbang:

JB.

28ten

Guv'nor
I see you are using lifecolour paints, i have found them to be pretty easy to use, I also use tamiya which spray nicely

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Yes, they're very nice to use.. only problem I have found is that they are very difficult to cut back to build up the dirt around the nooks and crannies..

It can be done with Enamel thinners, but I did have a bit of a dodgy moment with the transfers nearly taking one off, but they were okay in the end.. Phew !!

JB.

28ten

Guv'nor
Scale7JB said:
Yes, they're very nice to use.. only problem I have found is that they are very difficult to cut back to build up the dirt around the nooks and crannies..

It can be done with Enamel thinners, but I did have a bit of a dodgy moment with the transfers nearly taking one off, but they were okay in the end.. Phew !!

JB.
MIG Abteilung oils are very good for washes

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Cynric, I shall look out for those, though I'll probably stick to weathering with enamels for the most part in the future..

Had a little time today to do some more weathering with the airbrush on the K2.. Quite happy with it so far..

Attachments

• K2_Weathered_1.jpg
    K2_Weathered_1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 78
  • K2_Weathered_3.jpg
    K2_Weathered_3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 77
  • K2_Weathered_4.jpg
    K2_Weathered_4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 79
  • K2_Weathered_5.jpg
    K2_Weathered_5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 78

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Rob Pulham said:
Nice, but what a shame to muck up that lovely paint job. I will get there in the end I have no doubt.

On the K2? It was far too clean for 1946 Great Eastern! :laugh: :laugh:

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Lancer..

I was hoping for it to be in a far worse state... but my skills don't stretch that far just yet... maybe i'll adjust it later when I learn how to do the things that I want to do.. :laugh:

JB.

D1054

Western Thunderer
Have to say that's a mighty impressive weathering job Scale7jb :bowdown: To me, this is far more impressive than the "ex. works" model on page 1. I agree that it's easy to do too much, and overworked diesels can be very OTT, but there's something very alluring about grimy steam - especially ex. NE / LNER (must try a V2 :scratch: ).

Lovely job so far - can't wait to see the finished article :drool:

Now..... back to my Class 40.... :)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks again... I shall try to get some shots with the big camera in the sunshine tomorrow... I really need to make myself a little diorama for taking shots I think..

JB.