Scale7 National show - Mark (Somerset)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Country Group Open Day, Saturday 9 October 2010
Mark Village Hall, Mark, Somerset TA9 4NY

Link to Google Maps? | Link to MultiMap? | Link to Mark Village Hall?

Andrew Campbell whets our appetite
This year?s West Country Group Open Day will be on Saturday October 9th at the Mark Village Hall in Somerset. It is a little less than four miles by road from Junction 22 (Highbridge/Burnham-on-Sea) on the M5. We?ve moved from Wells because this hall has free on-site parking for some 50 or more cars and is a lot closer to the motorway network.

Tinker?s Green Sidings, which Rob Thompson has kindly agreed to bring.
A talk by Gordon Gravett on scenery construction. The hall has a separate room suitable for lectures.
The traders who have kindly supported us in the past (Perfect Miniatures and Laurie Griffin) plus CPL Products.
ScaleSeven stores.
We are also planning to have a ScaleSeven test track?a double track oval?outer track 7ft radius, inner track 6ft 6in radius at one ?end? and 6ft dead at the other?linked by two cross-overs, one in each direction in each straight section. Baseboard construction is about to start and we plan to have it operational by October. Please plan to bring your locomotives and rolling stock so we can all see them in action. Both DC and DDC will be accommodated.

As an experiment, now that lugging things to and fro won?t be a problem, we propose to organise an unmanned ?bring and buy? table at which members can leave books or magazines etc. for sale together with their name. If the items don?t sell, just take them away with you again.

Finally, as an encouragement to everyone to bring something along for us all to admire, we propose a light-hearted but democratic modelling competition. Everyone attending gets one secret (paper) vote for any model someone else has brought along. Why you cast your vote is up to you. You can vote for the model you think the best, the most impressive, the most inspiring, the most evocative, the most unusual or even the funniest - or for any other reason. The winning entry, with the most votes, wins its happy owner a ?25 voucher to be spent with whichever of the supporting traders he or she chooses. The model in question can be of anything: locomotive, rolling stock, track work, signal, building, scenery or anything else intended to appear on a railway model. It could even be built to a gauge of more or less than 33mm?if it has any wheels! The only rule is that it has to be built to S7 standards. There?s no formal entry system. Whatever model you bring can be voted for.

The entry fee is ?4, but free for S7 members who bring a model along with them. As in 2009, unlimited tea, coffee and a ploughman?s lunch will be available for ?6, provided you let Andrew Campbell know in advance. Email Andrew on this link, or call him on 01373 839089.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Not too sure what is happening with the test track at the moment, as the mentioned version isn't quite ready yet, but there is a chance of another member taking theirs... I'll post here when I know either way..

JB.

G

Graham Powell

Hi, I live near Mark and its very easy to get to. Come off at Junction 22 , take A38 towards Highbridge. Go past Edithmead Caravan Park (By M-way Junction) and take next turning to the left. Keep going till you reach a T junction and go left. Mark is a long straggly village but the first sign for it is a few hundred yards from the T junction.  Not sure where the village hall is but should be easy to find. Couple of nice pubs if you want meals.  I was going to go but I'm going away for the weekend
plus I don't work in Scale 7.
regards
Graham Powell
Highbridge
Somerset :thumbs:

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Yep, I'll be there - it's not too far for me, so it'd be rude not to!  I'm not sure what time I'll be there yet, but I'll probably aim for late morning, 11-12ish.