Scaleforum 2022 - 24 & 25 September - High Wycombe

Edited to update list of traders

Flymo748

The Scalefour Society is delighted to announce the return of its largest show dedicated to the very best in 4mm railway modelling. At a new, more accessible venue, it promises something of interest to all modellers. This post will bring you the latest information about the show, and will be updated for changes as they happen.

When
Scaleforum 2022 is taking place on the weekend of Saturday 24 September and Sunday 25 September 2022.
The show will be open from 10.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday, and from 10.00am to 4.30pm on Sunday.

Where
Scaleforum 2022 is at the Cressex Community School, Holmers Lane, High Wycombe, HP12 4QA. You can find it on Google Maps here.

Layouts
For many, the big attraction to Scaleforum is to see the many and varied layouts. We are delighted to have a great selection for you in 2022.

- Bankside. The successor to St Merryn, a gritty depiction of south London in the days of British Railways steam.
- Boston Frodsham. Based on a wharf and swing bridge, this dockside model is set around 1980.
- Faringdon. A superb model of the former GWR branch terminus in transition to British Railways.
- Hawes. An end-on junction between the NER and Midland in pre-Grouping days.
- Kitedale. Set in the west Pennine foothills, this LMR terminus operates in 1960s guise.
- Market Bosworth. An LNWR/Midland joint station set in 1908.
- North Elmham. Set on the Dereham to Wells branch, around 1958.
- Obbekær. An exquisite depiction of a Danish railway modelled to P87 standards
- Ravenscroft Sidings. A steel warehouse freight complex set in 1988
- Richmond, Surrey. Part of the mainline LSWR station and goods yard depicted in 1908.
- United Mills. A rail-served industrial unit in West Fife shown as around 1960.

And our special guest layout, Abbey Street. This is built by Jas Milham in S Scale, the true scratchbuilder's scale. This small station is set in East Anglia in the late 1950s and shows both freight and passenger services.

Traders
We're pleased to welcome a wide variety of traders to support your modelling. We hope that you will support them with your business.

- 247 Developments.
- Alan Gibson.
- All Components
- Ambis Engineering
- Bill Hudson Transport Books.
- Branchlines.
- Brassmasters.
- Cavalex
- C&L Finescale
- Dart Castings
- High Level Kits
- Intentio laser cut kits
- Isinglass Models
- Judith Edge Kits
- London Road Models
- Model Railway Developments
- Pre-Grouping Railways
- Prickley Pear Products
- Roger Carpenter.
- Rumney Models
- Stoneybridge Structures.
- Sunningwell Command Control
- Wild Swan Books.

And of course, Scalefour Stores will be present with the full range of items normally available from the Scalefour Society. Whether it's track components, gauges, locomotive components or lever frames, you'll find the products normally available to Scalefour Society Members.

Demonstrators
We're pleased to have a great set of demonstrators who will help your explore many aspects of finescale modelling. Take time to have a chat with our experts on the subjects of:

- 3D design, printing and laser cutting, with David Lane
- Diesel & electric modelling, with Robert Austin and David Furmage
- Fiddle yards, with Tim Maddocks
- Locomotive Construction, with Dave Holt
- Radio Control, with Ted Scannell and Nick Allport
- Scenics, with John Farmer
- Signals, with Adrian Musgrave
- Templot, with Gordon Ashton
- Track, baseboards, buildings and research, with Rod Cameron
- Wagons, with Nick Rogers

Not forgetting perhaps the most important demonstrator of all - James Walters, talking about his experiences of Starting in P4. You can explore these, and much more, on his YouTube channel Bexhill West here

Please do come back to this topic for more updates from Scaleforum 2022 as the summer progresses. We look forward to seeing you at the end of September.

Last edited:

Flymo748

I'm pleased to announce that we have confirmed three more traders for Scaleforum 2022. The first post in this topic has been updated to show this.

We welcome back the established names of London Road Models, and Dart Castings. They will be bringing their wide ranges of cast and etched kits and details.

We're delighted to have a new trader to Scaleforum in the form of Pre-Grouping Railways. They will offer a range of early wagon kits from a variety of pre-Grouping railway companies.

You can find details of each of these traders, and links to their websites, at www.scaleforum.org

Cheers
Paul Willis

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I've noticed there is an apparent lack of information on how to reach the venue by public transport for those unable to or choose not to drive (public transport travel information appears to be a common ommission among exhibition notices).

For anyone not knowing the High Wycombe area the venue is 4.5 to 5 km (2.5-3 miles) from High Wycombe railway station which is a good hour/hour and a half walk up Marlow Hill.

This is the public transport available at the time of writing (which took all of 10 minutes to gather ;)!):

Sat and Sun
High Wycombe is served by Chiltern Trains from London Marylebone, Aylesbury and Birmingham.

Buses from High Wycombe town centre/bus station:
These two pass the venue.
32 - Arriva Beds & Bucks (towards Booker). Sat - every 20 mins: Sun - every 30 mins.
8 - Carousel Cressex Connect. Sat - every 30 mins: No Sunday Service.

This one stops at the Marlow Hill A404/M40 junction roundabout - about 10 minute walk to venue.
850 - Arriva Beds & Bucks (towards Reading). Sat - every 30 mins: Sun - hourly

Flymo748

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the public transport details. Transport links is one of the key elements that we looked at in choosing Cressex, as one of the perennial complaints about Scaleforum at Stoke Mandeville was the difficulty of reaching it.

I'll speak with the venue team and see what we can pull together for all modes of transport, and put on the website at www.scaleforum.org

Cheers
Paul

Jeremy Good

Western Thunderer
With less than two weeks to go, preparations for the return of the Scalefour Society's largest show at it's new venue are well advanced.

Scaleforum will showcase the best in 4mm scale finescale modelling with a range of traders supporting your modelling needs. There is also a wide range of demonstrations covering topics ranging from starting in P4 to the use of radio control in 4mm scale models along with a mix of both traditional and cutting edge skills. Full details at the top of this thread.

We look forward to welcoming you all at the show at Cressex School, High Wycombe on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September.

Advance ticket sales and further details are available at www.scaleforum.org

Jeremy Good

Western Thunderer
Just 2 days to go until the return of the Scalefour Society’s premier show, Scaleforum.

We look forward to seeing many of you in High Wycombe to see a mixture of the best in P4, P87 and S Scale modelling with supporting trade and demos.

Full details at the top of this thread.

Jeremy

Nick Rogers

Western Thunderer
I will be with a couple of fellow Devon group members demonstrating a few things. Do pop along and say hello as it’s nice to put names to faces.

Best wishes,

Nick.

Mike Garwood

Western Thunderer
Just back from High Wycombe...well worth the travelling. Obviously meeting old friends was fantastic - its been way to long, the venue and the catering were first class. Plenty to see and admire. The demonstrators were first class. Some great traders I missed seeing Wizard there (I had some money to spend on coaches!) but a phone call will sort my needs.
So if you've nothing better to do tomorrow - go! You won't be disappointed. Well done the Scale4 committee!

Mike

david bigcheeseplant

Western Thunderer
I should have been doing a demo on 3d design printing I set up Friday got home and felt unwell and did a covid test which was positive so decided it was bst if I was not there as I really don’t want to infect anyone. This is my second time with it and it’s still nasty.