SCALEFORUM 2024

Steve 73A

Scaleforum 2024 will take place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September at Cressex Community School, Holmers Lane, High Wycombe HP12 4QA

Admission - Scalefour Society members £10.00 and non-members £12.00

Times - Saturday 10:30 to 17:30 and Sunday 10:00 to 16:00 although Advance Ticket holders will be admitted 15 minutes earlier on each day.

Advance Tickets are now available via our on-line store Advance Tickets | Scaleforum | Shows | Scalefour Society

Full details of this year's Scaleforum are available here:
Scaleforum
and the full showguide will soon be available to download from our main website here:

Steve 73A

This was recently posted on the Scalefour Forum by one of our members-

"As soon as I saw this year's Scaleforum Guide, my immediate reaction was - Wow! What a fantastic line-up of layouts; surely the best there has ever been at Scaleforum. Combined with an interesting selection of demonstrations, and good trade support, I am more eager than ever to get to Cressex on the 21st and 22nd September.

Attendance at Scaleforum has fallen off in recent years, but you really would be missing a treat if you don't manage to get to this year's event. Besides being excellent entertainment, it provides a valuable opportunity to meet and talk with fellow modellers, and to pick up useful hints and tips (not only from the demonstrators, but also from the numerous conversations one has throughout the day).

Clear your diary, and make your travel arrangements now!

[N.B. These remarks are an entirely spontaneous reaction on my part, and have not been sponsored or prompted by any of the Officers or members of the Committee.]"

Have you booked your visit yet?

Don't miss out on what promises to be a great Scaleforum.

See you there.

Last edited:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
For the 7mm modellers on WT, it’s worth noting that two 7mm layouts will also be attending, namely, “Arun Quay”, by Gordon Gravett and “Ditchling Green” (also built by Gordon Gravett, but these days, under new ownership). :)

Edit: Just seen Jeremy’s post (#3), but no harm in mentioning the 7mm stuff again! :))

Regards

Dan

DavidB

Western Thunderer
I am pleased to report we have an additional demonstrator who I am sure will be able to help anyone who is less than confident with painting.

Brian McCulloch of Braeside Models is very experienced and makes exquisite models, mostly resin cast, which he paints to an exceptional standard.

Do look at his website and come to Scaleforum if you have any questions regarding painting, from buildings to figures, rolling stock to road vehicles. I am confident you will come away from the show better prepared to paint your models than you were when you arrived.

braeside-mk2-harbour-04a.jpg

DavidB

Western Thunderer
Scaleforum is an opportunity for modellers not only to be inspired by some truly great layouts and modelling, but to bone up on your skills which is why we have assembled an impressive line-up of demonstrators. They are there for you to get your questions answered and for you to plunder their experience. You should go home much better prepared for the winter months' modelling than you would be if you stayed at home.

We look forward to seeing lots of you, members as well as non-members, but all modellers.

Your demonstration line-up for Scaleforum 2024:

Terry Bendall: Machine tools and railway modelling
Simon Bolton: Chassis Construction (See: Simon's book: Scratch-Building Model Railway Locomotives)
David Brandreth: Soldering - conventional and resistance (See: Understanding Soldering and Guide to Resistance Soldering)
John Chambers, Mike Ainsworth and Jeremy Good: Getting in to P4
Dave Hawkins: Dioramas (See: Model Railway Journal 304)
David Lane: 3d CAD Design for model railways
James Makin: Weathering without an airbrush (See: James Makin's Workbench)
Brian McCulloch: Painting and paints, from dioramas to figures. (See: Braeside Models)
Ted Scannell, Tony McSéan and Nick Allport: Battery powered radio control
James Walters and John Jones: Trackwork including the new 3D printed Plug Track (see: Plug Track)