Scalerail East Midlands Shepshed 21 April 2012

John D

Western Thunderer
We will be staging our 27th Spring event on Saturday 21st April at Shepshed High School, Shepshed Campus Forest street, SHEPSHED, Leicestershire LE12 9DA. Open from 10.00hrs to 16.30hrs admission is £5 (free entry for accompanied u16's) and light refreshments are available. Ample FREE car parking

Layouts :-

Wansbeck Road (2mm) by Mick Simpson ....Co Durham colliery village 1957-62

Torcy (HO) by John Smith ..... SNCF branch line in Normandy 2005-8

Llwydd Town (4mm) by George Woodcock ..... N E Wales in 1991.
Boomers Wood (4mm) by Steve Cook (of this parish) .... ex- S & DR
Outon Road (4mm) by Cavan Millward.... Manchester area in 1980/90's
Church Lane Sidings (4mm) by Alan Cheadle.....shunting layout in BR blue era
Lydd on Sea (4mm) by George Ansell ....a Network South East terminal.
Ingleberry End (4mm) by Reg Chapman....Branch line terminal 'somewhere' in the Midlands)
Idleway (4mm) by Derek Gelsthorpe....shunting in small places.

St Georges Quay (7mm) by Alan Gray... North eastern coal staithes
Edgedale Road (7mm) by the Sheffield O gauge Group....LMS/early BR
Marston (7mm) by Ian Thompson.....The Marston preserved tramway
Agenoria Dock (7mm) by Mike Williams....Merseyside dock scene with working crane.
EMGOG O gauge test track ( sorry no live steam)

Traders (confirmed) :-

Squires Model and craft tools
Alphagraphix
Brian Collier
Connoisseur Models
Derby Trees and Scenics
Gladiator Kits
Karlgarin Models
Kirtley Model Buildings
Mad About Trains
Laira Models
Mercian Models
Meteor Models
Port Wynnstay Models
Premier Components
ABC Workshop
Bob Pearman Books

Simon

Flying Squad
This most excellent show has just received a name-check on the Steve Wright Show on National Radio 2, courtesy of the "Cromford Wharf Chain Gang".

What class.

Have a great time at the weekend all those attending:thumbs:

Simon

John D

Western Thunderer
Yesterday was somewhat exhausting but on the whole a cracking time was had by all,nearly ruined my eyesight with the 3-link couplings on Cookie's 'Boomers Wood' :rolleyes: I was told be it rightly or wrongly that we got mentioned 5 times on the Steve Wright Show ......amazing :) This was our 32nd and last April event...... but the October one will remain as before..........

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Great photo, Steve, glad it all went well.

Do you need a back scene for your layout? We can hire Brian Harrap with his cummerbund backscene at reasonable rates....:D

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Cheers Tim :)

Thanks for the offer of Brian and his cummerband, but Boomers Wood shall not be going out again - it was a tad limiting in maintaining long term operational interest :))

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
So what's the plan for the layout, then?
There's a couple of bits I'd like to actually finish properly Tim - the wooden post and wire fencing needs the wires added and I should paint the ground disc, then I'll shoot some photos and run some stuff for a bit. Highly likely it'll go up for sale after that as a project that works, but one that will benefit from some extra detailing and personalisation from the new owner.