ScaleSeven Group’s National Show

daifly

Western Thunderer
Once again the Somerset S7 Group will be hosting the National Open Day at Mark Village Hall on Saturday 9th October. The meeting will be from 10.00am to 4.00pm with an entrance fee of £5.00 per person which will include unlimited tea, coffee, and biscuits throughout the day. For an additional £5 charge a limited number of light lunches, similar in format to previous years, will be available. Please note that there will be no card processing facility so it's cash only!

All modellers are welcome to attend irrespective of their chosen scale or gauge!

The following are confirmed as attending:

• S7 Demonstration track for DC and DCC (bring some stock to run)
  • A portion of the MRC's Bow Junction layout exhibited by Peter Mann.
  • Simon Thompson will be exhibiting his Holme Lacy work-in-progress layout
  • A Masterpiece models demonstration track
  • Track-making demonstration by David Nicholson
Traders who have confirmed attendance so far include ModelU, Masterpiece Models and S&D Castings.

There will also be a talk/demonstration by Gordon Gravett on creating backscenes.

Our thanks to all the above for supporting the event and further updates will appear here as details are finalised.

There is free on-site parking

Directions to the Hall from Junction 22 on the M5 Motorway
  • Take Exit 22 (Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge) off the M5. From whichever direction you come, this exit takes you to a roundabout on the A38 (the Bristol Road) 200 yards west of the motorway.
  • Take the exit off this roundabout sign-posted Bridgewater, Highbridge and Wedmore.
  • After 200 yards, take the first left turn (Burnham Moor Lane) sign-posted Mark and Wedmore.
  • Stay on Burnham Moor Lane for 1.4 miles until you reach a T-junction with a grass island in the middle. Turn left here onto the B3139, signposted Wedmore and Mark.
  • After 1.75 miles the B3139 does a sharp (90 degrees) left-hand bend. Stay on the B3139.
  • After the bend, look out for the "White Horse" pub on the left hand side (150 yards after the bend) pub, turn left, into Vole Road.
  • After 150 yards, turn right into the grounds of the "Mark Village Hall" indicated by a varnished wooden sign with white lettering.

Last edited:

NewportRod

Western Thunderer
Very disappointed that I'll miss this as I'll be at the Missenden Modellers' Weekend. Can't be helped I guess, only so many weekends in a year!

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Ah that’s a shame. Little man’s birthday.

I’d like to have seen the progress on Bow Creek, and also possibly sold a couple of locos to the group.

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Ah that’s a shame. Little man’s birthday.

I’d like to have seen the progress on Bow Creek, and also possibly sold a couple of locos to the group.

JB.

JB,
Bow Creek won't be there , but Bow Jct. will, not quite as close to the river mate :D.
Unfortunately I too won't be able to make it :(.

Col.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
With the current fuel situation apparently not easing, I have a feeling Best Beloved and I will be staying at home.

I was really looking forward to finally getting out and meeting friends again, too.