Scratch built S7 wagons.

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
I don't know about that particular design but a slightly later LNWR cattle truck – one with a lid on it – that I'm endeavouring to build had wooden battens nailed (screwed?) to the floor to provide a more secure footing for the animals. Apparently. They ran longitudinally between the doors and laterally in the rest of the space. Just saying...

Richard

Michael Osborne

Western Thunderer
Yes I was aware of the battens placed on the floor along with holes drilled between them to let the cattle urine out. But as we do not have any evidence or photographs of the interior of of cattle wagons in the 1880's I decided to leave them out. I would be happy to be proved wrong on this point but I think I am on safe ground unless ..........

Michael Osborne

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I have nearly finished a L&Y one plank steel underframe wagon. I painted it with the wrong colour rattle can which was to dark. So I have tried to lighten the colour by some light coloured powders which has helped a bit. The interior wood will have to be done again as it has come rather poor. That is why there isn't any photographs of the inside.

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Looks pretty good to me! I’m sure there were variations in the paint used on the originals. Your subtle rusty bits on the wheels, springs and underframe are so very realistic.

Ian.