'Seacombe': A glimpse.

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi Jon,

the disappointment was only in that there was no close up of the lettering on the Summers wagons, i really enjoyed the film as a whole. I eventually got the lettering so was able to get the transfers sorted for a friend who is building a couple of ore hoppers.

kind regards

Mike
Glad you enjoyed it, Mike :thumbs:

Jon

daifly

Western Thunderer
the disappointment was only in that there was no close up of the lettering on the Summers wagons, i really enjoyed the film as a whole. I eventually got the lettering so was able to get the transfers sorted for a friend who is building a couple of ore hoppers.
Mike
I’m surprised that you didn’t ask me! I have lots of photos of Summers wagons as I have one under construction for reasons that are not too difficult to understand!
I’ll email them to you later.
Dave

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Dave,

The reason being that I thought that you had sent me them previously, though thought at my age is not the best thing in the world!

John Peck at Precision Decals has produced some cracking transfers for them and also the BSC version, which of course is of no interest to you, but might be to others.

Hope you are keeping well.

kind regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Just to complete the 'circle' here are some photos of the finished wagons having their first run yesterday on Wirral Parkway - no 9Fs available!

P1020291.JPG
P1020293.JPG
P1020294.JPG
P1020296.JPG
P1020298.JPG

P1020299.JPG

the builder is now getting himself ready to do the missing nine wagons from the usual rake and then he is going to do a rake for himself!!

regards

Mike