Searching for wood mouldings

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I want some wood moulding.... to re-inforce 45 and 90 degree joints... so a triangular section with sides of about 1 to 1.5 inches... at least 5 metres length. None of the local diy superstores carry this section any more and that seems true for builders merchants such as Jewson and Travis Perkins.

Anyone any ideas for suppliers in North Hampshire / Berkshire area?

thank you, Graham

JimG

Western Thunderer
I want some wood moulding.... to re-inforce 45 and 90 degree joints... so a triangular section with sides of about 1 to 1.5 inches... at least 5 metres length. None of the local diy superstores carry this section any more and that seems true for builders merchants such as Jewson and Travis Perkins.

Anyone any ideas for suppliers in North Hampshire / Berkshire area?

Graham,

I've found some online suppliers and you might have a Jewson outlet near you

100s of high quality wood moulding profiles

Softwood Quadrant 25mm X 25mm Sold Per Metre

Redwood Quadrant 25 x 25mm - Premium Redwood Quadrant | Jewson

The carriage charges on the first URL are a bit eye=watering. :(

[Later] Noting your comment about your Jewson not stocking it, I've hit that problem with my local outlet where what's shown in their website does not reflect what's in the retail outlet. It could be worth ordering it online and see if they do a click and collect with your local branch.

Jim.

Last edited:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Quadrant could be used... rather, I wish to find a moulding where the section is an isosceles triangle so that I can butt diagonals against the widest face of the moulding.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Graham,

there used to be a very obliging joinery company on the outskirts of Kingsclere (off the roundabout at the Newbury end of the 'by-pass'). They produced some roof section for a Hawksworth full brake for me out of tulipwood - I still have two metre lengths that I brought upwhen we moved thirteen years ago and it is still as straight as a die! Unfortunately, I cannot remember their name, they should be in thelocal phone book if they are still trading.

kind regards

Mike

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Something like this (from Jewson's)?
Exactly, so why could the counter staff not find that on the computer sales system when I visited yesterday!

there used to be a very obliging joinery company on the outskirts of Kingsclere (off the roundabout at the Newbury end of the 'by-pass').
Which 'by-pass'?

If you mean the dual carriage-way to avoid Kingsclere village centre then I guess that you are talking about something near to the petrol station on the road to Newbury???? Maybe near where the Little Chef was before that building became "Nelson's Diner"?

regards, Graham

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
The roundabout where the A339 is met by the road from the village - if you come from the village, you go straight over the roundabout into a small 'industrial area' and they joinery company are in there.

kind regards

Mike