4mm Silver Sidelines

Silver Sidelines

I have been playing with model trains for ever. I started with Triang and Hornby Dublo, had a family break and returned to Airfix and Mainline. My current layout dates from around 2005 and is an attempt to recreate scenes from my train spotting days in short trousers. Some of you may recognise the pseudonym 'Silver Sidelines' - there is a Blog by that name on RMweb duplicated on Blogger. It is my intention to keep a diary here on Western Thunder of my model railway activities, and to post links to more substantial entries on Blogger.

Silver Sidelines

It has been a good week for gardening, all carried out inside from the window.

In between I have received a number of 'new' unused Bachmann diesels from I am thinking the 2004/2006 era.

46807105614_6b1e4504f6_b.jpg

Sometimes it is obvious just how unused!

As the introduction says, the thread here is a celebration of engines 'spotted' in short trousers. Up until now I have deliberately ignored models of Class 37s as I couldn't remember seeing any green ones. However that is now rectified and I have added a Post to my Blog about two unused examples.

Silver Sidelines: No 151 Class 37 or Class 55? - Bachmann Bogies

Thumbing through my old ABC shed book I see I have been misleading myself - I have underlined D6708 sister engine to D6707 referred to in my latest Blog Post. Now where did I see it? Did it travel up north to Darlington / Teesside or did I perhaps see it at Liverpool Street on a visit to London?

Ones memory is not to be relied on.