Special 200th Edition emgauge70s February Update

Simon

Flying Squad
A great read, I have just read Tim's intro and look forward to indulging properly later.

Thank you very much to all concerned, just the best.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Lovely....What can I say apart from a big thank you to Kier and the guys for another great read.

I do especially like the extra reminiscing of each of the team as it takes me back to my trainspotting days, 1969 to 1973, definitely pre TOPs.

My favourite picture in this month is Western Patriarch at Paddington in TS's introduction. Platform 1? You can almost hear it and smell/taste the diesel fumes in the station. My eyes used to water.

I will always remember my Saturdays "doing" the London termini and sheds.

No wonder I cannot get any modelling done!!
Thank you
Julian

adrian

Flying Squad
I do especially like the extra reminiscing of each of the team as it takes me back to my trainspotting days, 1969 to 1973, definitely pre TOPs.

My favourite picture in this month is Western Patriarch at Paddington in TS's introduction. Platform 1? You can almost hear it and smell/taste the diesel fumes in the station. My eyes used to water.
A little bit more than an hour but likewise - the early influences were interesting to read. For myself it was Pete Johnson's photo of the HST at Bristol. One of my first memories was when my Dad was working at a school in Bristol and took us in the late 70's up to Temple Meads to have a look at the HST - trains of the future!

David Waite

Western Thunderer
Thanks Kier
I didn’t know of this EM group, wonderful modelling throughout thoroughly enjoyed it with a cuppa.
David.