Spikey Faz's G Scale pictures

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
I've tried to upload some more pictures but my Kindle is useless for this sort of thing. Sorry!

My model is inspired by an article in the old Model Railways magazine by Iain Rice. It's not based on a particular prototype - the wheels on my model are smaller for a start but I like to think it vaguely captures the essence of a Neilson Box Tank.

Mike

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
....but I have now been distracted by another potential project! Just acquired a couple of LGB 0-6-0 chassis complete with valve gear. Been mocking up a Garratt loco to see whether it's do-able. Will give this one some serious thought.

Mike

Sleeper Agent

My model is inspired by an article in the old Model Railways magazine by Iain Rice. It's not based on a particular prototype - the wheels on my model are smaller for a start but I like to think it vaguely captures the essence of a Neilson Box Tank.

Mike

It certainly does Mike and I know the nifty article you're referring to. Been meaning to reply for a while (you're no.4 above is amazing!) but Killian has now released 'The Box' Neilson i'm hoping to model on Shapeways. No upscales in sight but I can keep you in the loop if it's of any interest (hoping it won't cost too much in G3 given the small size of the prototype).
Neilson Box Tank by Pugsy on Shapeways

Last edited:

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
It certainly does Mike and I know the nifty article you're referring to. Been meaning to reply for a while (you're no.4 above is amazing!) but Killian has now released 'The Box' Neilson i'm hoping to model on Shapeways. No upscales in sight but I can keep you in the loop if it's of any interest (hoping it won't cost too much in G3 given the small size of the prototype).
Neilson Box Tank by Pugsy on Shapeways

I'd definitely like to see another Neilson model, no matter what scale it's in. Looking forward to seeing your model when it's done!

All the best
Mike

Sleeper Agent

Well i've sweet talked him into a G3 version so you could repurpose the body and fittings for G i'm sure, plus someone has asked for a 7mm sized print as well if that's of interest for your smaller endeavours.

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
I notice he also does a chassis for Neilson. Just resist, must resist!

Trouble is I keep going from my G-scale modelling to my Scale7 modelling and back again. I just can't settle on one scale. Don't have room for both.

Mike

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
I'm making a little diorama to stand one of my G-scale locos on. Little in G-scale is however not that little!

I was going to try static grass on it but The cost of the applicator is a bit prohibitive. Apparently I need a sort of heavy duty applicator for 10mm or 12mm grass and that is not cheap. Anyway, instead I've ordered some AK Interactive grass tufts. Will see how I get on with those.

Progress so far:
20200117_095358.jpg