7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
The photographers are Jamie gwalcherfen Green. He’s done some of the signal man poses as well. On Sonning they will be T,E Williams and Dick Blenkinsop

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
CB134BAD-FF2D-48E5-80CC-30E6F68DA51C.jpeg A9F91E69-4C81-46FA-A78D-3C424FDC7435.jpeg 23D74DE2-5A85-45CA-A5A5-47807CF244A3.jpeg F3A4C087-9732-4C72-833C-2BD0B85A18F6.jpeg Weathering and little detail editions today, adding the fantastic Modelu guttering to an Intentio mess room, I decided after I had given it the first coat of paint to add a broken piece in, down pipe still to add, liqutex puddles and a broken wall with a pile of individual bricks! They need weathering and a used sleeper wall behind as a quick repair job, I love adding little details like this for me it’s what brings a layout to life. There the sorts of things most will overlook as the Locomotives will take the primary focus but once you look past them there’s a whole little world going on.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
73C84988-F2DA-4E60-A173-6486598F2B4A.png Sanded the coaling stage road yesterday and sprayed it today in browns and black, added a few more weeds and tufts and some more rust powders to the scrap pile also the skytrex oil barrels and Modelu brake blocks are glued in place.
Spear top fencing will go along the back of the coaling stage road then the canopy can go on.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
3CE0B439-EC71-4BDB-B1D5-3380D248D455.jpeg C588D090-64C6-4CD9-871C-2C5BC4B8480F.jpeg 60E805E6-73C4-4D17-B679-EAADA91E3DFC.jpeg BEC50A4B-B552-4012-83F1-1856C62C8339.png Two nice arrivals for the Sonning Goods train collected from the The Railway Shop, Blaenavon today, Back in the Coaling stage and it’s been track weathering, I’ve been building up layers by mixing paints with talc to replicate the oil grease soaked ash crapy gunge that can be seen on many pictures.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
A friend and I pooled recources to buy some Testors Dullcote from abroad (Canada I think), but it isnt as dull a finish as our previous cans. So i use Halfords Matt Lacquer airosols.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
A friend and I pooled recources to buy some Testors Dullcote from abroad (Canada I think), but it isnt as dull a finish as our previous cans. So i use Halfords Matt Lacquer airosols.
I’ve bought a can from Liquitex and it’s good, I’ve sprayed the Stone wall and it’s taken the sheen right off it.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed building the current crop of shed layouts and there’s more to come and as it will be a few years before I’ll have the stock to operate Sonning I’ve decided to revisit an old friend! So we will come full circle and go back to the start for me in 7mm scale, I’ll be resurrecting Cardiff Canton, A little different this time in that it will include all 6 shed roads, still utilising a low relief engine shed it will grow from 6’ x 2 of the original to 6’ x 3’ it will also be viewable from 3 sides with a cassette fed fiddle yard behind the shed itself. This will allow for unbroken panoramic views instead of the usual side on approach. The iconic bridge will be scratch built again and populated with spotters and photographers.