7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Whilst @King John works on the KESR track adding the tie bars and gauge straps to the pot sleepers I’ve been busy on the scenics at St Stephens. Todays job was adding more grass, hedgerows, wild flowers and lineside fencing. IMG_8668.jpegIMG_8665.jpegIMG_8667.jpegIMG_8664.jpegIMG_8663.jpegIMG_8666.jpeg
Building up the sand along side the branch track before painting and a little more ballast and then finally the lineside fencing

Last edited:

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
IMG_8750.jpeg
I’ve made up a york model makers footbridge this evening well part of it, this will be for the Dawlish project with the correct signal in frontIMG_8751.jpeg
The other flight of steps will be used on St Stephens general station and will provide access from the raised road IMG_8743.jpeg
I collected this lovely sidelines Stanier sleeper at Kettering IMG_8745.jpegalong with Kirton Lindsey tunnel from Monks Gate Models and will be the next diorama underway

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
A rough mock up of the road level ticket office and the steps that provide access to the platform.
I will ask York Model Makers to make me a straight bridge kit that will provide pedestrian access across the rails with a large low relief girder road bridge behind. IMG_8755.jpeg
Lots of metal work this end for the scenic break. Behind the ticket office and steps will be the Ranelagh Bridge west London style tenements with the Castle Hotel as the main central back drop. Next job is to glue on the brick platform edge and then I can start track laying using all individual components.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
The fencing marches on along the main line at St Stephens IMG_8873.jpegIMG_8874.jpeg
It requires paint next
IMG_8872.jpeg
The ballast edge is being made up along the Torcombe branch, it will take another application yet IMG_8877.jpeg
Before being blended in with weathering IMG_8876.jpegIMG_8875.jpeg
Another tall tree has arrived from France, I’ve swapped them around and placed the newer one above Holloway tunnel IMG_8883.png
The sleepers are being laid on the station project and the pit glued in place today. IMG_8878.jpeg