7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

King John

View attachment 50397 View attachment 50398

Project number 2 will be Hillfield tunnel Newport the first part of Gaer junction.
The Templot plans are going to be done over Christmas & I've contacted Jon about the signals.
I will be doing to the foot bridge crossing which will work out about 8 foot and too scale.
I popped down for a site visit yesterday to take a few pictures although it's very overgrown now compared to the good days.
Phil (brush type 4) will be commissioned to laser the tunnel mouths & foot bridge
Hi Steve
Attached files contain the Templot plan of the stretch of track between Hillfield Tunnel and the footbridge at Gaer Junction. The centreline of the bridge is indicated by the red dotted line situated about 8ft - 6ins from the tunnel mouth. The plan is to a scale of 1/10th.

Regards

Rob

Attachments

• gaer_junction_version_1_page_1.pdf
    366.2 KB · Views: 35
  • gaer_junction_version_1_page_2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Fantastic Rob many thanks
Now how long would it be if we went right to the Cardiff road bridge???
See you on Sunday

Last edited:

King John

Fantastic Rob many thanks
Now how long would it be if we went right to the Cardiff road bridge???
See you on Sunday
For the full monty see attached.

Regards
Rob

Attachments

• gaer_junction_version_1_page_1.pdf
    366.2 KB · Views: 44
  • gaer_junction_version_1_page_2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • gaer_junction_version_1_page_3.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • gaer_junction_version_1_page_4.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg
Castle blasts out the tunnel with a Manchester to Plymouth service as a Hymek rolls down with empty oil tanks. Couple of months and I will retake these again!!
image.jpeg
I've been playing around this evening to get some measurements. This is the beauty of doing these well known locations in only 8 foot. You get a slice of main line but without the need for masses of stock as you can only see a loco and 5 coaches max at any one times. I've made up the 60 foot track panels ready and the PWay hut is being cut. I need to track down a GW corrugated hut at Bristol

simond

Western Thunderer
Steve

Please excuse random picture, trying to answer a question in the GOG forum about posting pix from an iPad to WT

Best
Simonimage.jpeg

simond

Western Thunderer
Thanks Steve,

Details in my RMWeb thread. The JLTRT etches are good, but the soldering's b****y fiddly. The concertina is cardboard and the top canvas is an old shirt, both treated with black Indian ink.

All the best
Simon

Isambarduk

Western Thunderer
That's OK, Simon. I cannot understand why people have such trouble posting images on the G0G Forum. I actually find it very easy and convenient - far easier than (dare I say it) RMWeb, particularly if the image that I wish to use is not mine but is already available elsewhere on the web. That said, uploading images here is very convenient. David