7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Steve,

Once again, you've managed to create an incredibly realistic setting to display your locos. I particularly like the shots with the King present. It looks so evocative of the latter days of steam.
I'm not sure many people have the nerve and confidence to weather such a super looking loco to that extent, but to me, it is just so spot on. Fantastic.

Dave.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Broken guttering. Bricked up window. Wow, they mirror life, as does the weathered 'King'. Having lived in the days of workaday steam, weathering to me is as natural as accuracy in other departments of a locomotive. You have it spot-on.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Busy scene on shed as locos queue for the coaling road and await attention on the disposal road, A scene repeated all over the country at steam sheds far and wide as the busy additional summer traffic leaves little time for loco cleaning, just a quick going over with some cotton waste. A54FCB9D-5F77-45FF-9350-3085F518AD3B.jpeg 371A951E-BABB-4E89-B3A5-19B0501B7F40.png 2451FA8A-9A25-4D53-9B64-6092302DCB01.png 262102AE-B7FB-4DE0-9CC3-20C69ACA94BB.png 4786D705-4AD9-40BB-91DD-9EC34C2DA8E1.png 9891C9C7-4142-4003-AE49-BD42158444B7.png EE10ED35-0E64-4C0A-B1FC-A950E3B0C77F.png

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Wow! Steve I just spent a good chunk of my Saturday afternoon going through this set of 31 pages, The best trees and foliage I have seen to date. having grown up in Acton and spent many hours walking around the shunting yard at the space between Horn lane and Twyford Avenue and trainspotting on the steps by the bridge at Twyford Avenue, the embankment there was our playground as kids. in my early teens hours spent in Old Oak sheds, thanks for transporting me back in time 60 years, with your superb modelwork.

Michael

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Wow! Steve I just spent a good chunk of my Saturday afternoon going through this set of 31 pages, The best trees and foliage I have seen to date. having grown up in Acton and spent many hours walking around the shunting yard at the space between Horn lane and Twyford Avenue and trainspotting on the steps by the bridge at Twyford Avenue, the embankment there was our playground as kids. in my early teens hours spent in Old Oak sheds, thanks for transporting me back in time 60 years, with your superb modelwork.

Michael
Many many Thanks for your comments Michael I’m glad I can take you on a journey back to your youth, hopefully you’ll be transported back many more times as this thread continues.
Steve