SVR Diesel Gala - 6/7/8 October

D1054

Western Thunderer
Just wanted to pass comment and my profound thanks to the WLA for a cracking day on Friday on D1062. She really is in fine fettle, and the team who work on her have done an outstanding job.....  she's a very different animal to the tired engine I worked on as a teenager when she first moved to the SVR. I was treated to a walk around her, and invited to the cabs and engine room which were all spotless.

It was great to ride in and behind her once again, and to enjoy a triple dose of hydraulic thrash with D821 and D9520 (the latter two even double heading for a round trip from Kiddy to Bridgenorth & return) - Magic!

Anyway, a couple of shots for you to enjoy.....

Attachments

• DSCN0915#2.jpg
    DSCN0915#2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0921#2.jpg
    DSCN0921#2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Them locos is very shiny a credit to all of the hard work the WLA put into them :bowdown: :bowdown:. A far cry from the good old days when they sat behind the fence infront of the shed where no-one could see them. Do they still have both the 52's at Bridgnorth

D1054

Western Thunderer
Yes, D1013 is to undergo a major overhaul and re-wire, and they are currently sourcing all the necessary....
There is still strong talk of D1062 being made ready for main-line running, but next stop for her is a tyre turning at Tyseley so she will be reunited with D1015 for a while.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
How about D7029, is work progressing ?........looked like quite a bit of bodywork had been done when I was at last years gala  :scratch:

Phill  :wave: 

D1054

Western Thunderer
Not much to report, I'm afraid, but then I didn't get chance to have a close look - too busy in the cab of D1062!