The 2021 Christmas Funk Thread

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Yes, it’s been another of those years, hasn’t it. No end of gloom and doom, hardly anything to look forward to, and now it’s Christmas - again.

Christmas should be a time for family, but with the Covid pandemic, many people may be facing another festive season separated from their loved ones. Equally, there may well be many wishing they could be separated from their loved ones!

Anyway, there are always dead spots, be it between meals, waiting for guests, or simply spending the season alone again. Whatever the circumstances, this thread is meant as a sort of little social gathering away from it all, with online chums, to chat about anything you like, share silly jokes (the higher the groan factor the better, in my opinion), run a festive (or otherwise) quiz - whatever.

There’s no compulsion to join in. Think of it as a way to try and lift spirits when spirits may well be at a low ebb.

Over to you!

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Graham, I don’t know. I expect folk to post a question - perhaps flag it with something so we know it’s meant to be a quiz question - and wait for answers to pour in.

We shall have to see how any of this works. It’s just meant to be something to help lighten the load.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Great idea Heather! We'll be busy but I hope I'll find some time to drop in, once we have the jokes out of the Christmas crackers.....

Brian

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
A guy was driving his new sports car out in the countryside when he was overtaken by a chicken running along the grass verge, he had to look twice as he was already doing 50.

He got alongside it at about 65 and could see it had three legs !

Suddenly it dived off to the right down a farm track. The guy in the sports car hit the brakes and turned his car around.

He pulled into the farm track and finally ended up in a farm yard.

As he got out of his car the farmer came out of the barn and asked what he wanted.

I've just seen a three legged chicken run down here and it overtook me on the road at 50 mph!

"Oh yes" said the farmer.."we's breed round 'ere boy" .

" Breed them !" asked the driver.." what for ?"

" Well I's like a leg, the missus likes a leg and our boy likes a leg"

"Really " said the driver " What do they taste like"

The farmer replied with a frown on his face " I's don't know boy, I 'aint ever caught no bugger"

Col.:D