The 2021 Christmas Funk Thread

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Some memories of Christmas Day’s past.

Camping on my own in Big Bend National Park, Texas, joined by a cheeky kangaroo rat for camp fire entertainment.

Working on an oil rig in Indonesia. The Chinese cook served turkey and all the trimmings. Several American rig hands asked why. They had forgotten it was Christmas.

Turned up at Houston Intercontinental for the second daily flight to London to be told it had been cancelled days earlier. Spent the night at an airport hotel. We know what a quarantine hotel must be like!

Sealing a joint of roast beef the French way in our kitchen in Houston, it caught on fire. Due to oil dripping on the exposed element on the floor of the electric oven.

A neighbour in Houston asked why people were letting off firecrackers on Christmas Eve. I asked how many rounds were in the revolver.

Merry Christmas!

Osgood

Western Thunderer
That looks like it will run like a sewing machine :thumbs:
What a lovely creation.

I do enjoy re-purposing surplus stuff, although my latest idea (brought home on Xmas Eve) for a Ketchup dispenser has not - so far - been too well received by Mrs. O:

Redex.jpg

Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
The Redex gun takes me back to my days working at a National Benzole petrol station with my dad on a Saturday. “Two and two shots” was the usual order at the pumps.
Dave