The Scale 7 Spring Meeting, Albury 30th April

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
A lovely day out catching up with some people I haven't seen for over two years and picking up some bargains from the sales tables.

Thanks to those S7 Group members who organised it, and the ladies for tea and food supplies.

Ian

Michael Osborne

Western Thunderer
Yesterday's meeting proved very helpful in several ways. First in discussions with fellow modellers about wagon photographs I had brought with me revealed fresh pairs of eyes pointed out new information I had missed. One was quite obvious when pointed out to me I wonder how I missed it. The second amusing point was the case of the missing S7 banner and table cloth. I had been given both items to help at Northern shows and the committee had forgotten they had trusted me with them.

Mike

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
I would have loved to have attended but it is quite a long way from here. Also as I will be travelling to Suffolk later in the year I couldn't justify two trips in one year.

Ian.

Crimson Rambler

Western Thunderer
Like @Ian@StEnochs I too would have liked to have attended but not easy to get to from west Wales - never mind hoping to go to the AGM and hopefully Somerset in October.

Crimson Rambler

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
I would have loved to have attended but it is quite a long way from here. Also as I will be travelling to Suffolk later in the year I couldn't justify two trips in one year.

Ian.

Ian,

You will welcome to come and meet the Love Lane crew when you're in our neck of the woods, Tuesday is meeting day.

Tim

Peter Insole

Western Thunderer
I too would like to offer a belated thanks for such a super day! It was so good to meet many friends again.

I'm afraid that I personally find exhibitions rather frightening, and as a result of my anxiety, tend to compensate with an awful lot of high-octane chattery?!!
Please may I apologise to all of you that attended, if I either bent your ears for far too long - or was just so busy jawing, that I didn't seem to take any notice of you...?!

Will try and do better next time - if I'm allowed back in again?!!

Pete.

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
I too would like to offer a belated thanks for such a super day! It was so good to meet many friends again.

I'm afraid that I personally find exhibitions rather frightening, and as a result of my anxiety, tend to compensate with an awful lot of high-octane chattery?!!
Please may I apologise to all of you that attended, if I either bent your ears for far too long - or was just so busy jawing, that I didn't seem to take any notice of you...?!

Will try and do better next time - if I'm allowed back in again?!!

Pete.
You're always welcome Pete:)

Tim

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I'm in a similar position to Ian, and others, That I would have loved to come but the 12 hour round trip has and does prevent me for attending events. As a Scalefour member, as well, They have a southern and a northern meeting as well as the AGM which moves round the country. I'm going to float this idea that we could follow suit. Thus allowing members who live north of Birmingham an option to meet up at least once a year?

Marc

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tim, I would like that. We are planning to be there sometime in August.

Ian.
Hi Col,

My father came from Hollesley near Woodbridge, my Aunt and quite a few cousins still live there. We try to visit as often as we can but it is a 900 mile round trip!

Ian
Hollesley is about an hour from us, I'm in Finningham half way between Stowmarket and Diss, keep in touch and perhaps if you have time to visit the Love Lane crew you can run down with me, as Tim says it's normally a Tuesday.
Col.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
I'm in a similar position to Ian, and others, That I would have loved to come but the 12 hour round trip has and does prevent me for attending events. As a Scalefour member, as well, They have a southern and a northern meeting as well as the AGM which moves round the country. I'm going to float this idea that we could follow suit. Thus allowing members who live north of Birmingham an option to meet up at least once a year?

Marc
Marc,
I think the existing meetings ( Albury, Mark etc.) have been organised by people in those specific area groups off their own backs as it were , so I see no reason why you couldn't perhaps set up a Northern meet with some of the S7 guys up there if you so wished. :) . I'm sure the S7 Group would approve.