The Scale 7 Spring Meeting, Albury 30th April

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Scale 7 Spring Meeting 2022

The Spring meeting will be held at Albury Hertfordshire on Saturday 30th April. The meeting will be from 10.00 to 1600 with an entrance fee of £5.00 which will include tea, coffee and biscuits throughout the day. There will be food available to purchase on the day.

Our layout centrepiece will be Ian Norman’s Shingle Street., an East Anglian branch line.

As a tribute to John Watson, we will also have three boards from his Cratfield layout as featured recently in MRJ.

Masterpiece Models and Intentio will have a display of their products.

Demonstrations will include;

Colin Dowling on all things wheels and S7 loco conversions.
Richard Carr is our diesel doctor who will be pleased to help with all your questions diesel locos, conversions, sound battery power, etc. Expect to see locos from the UK, USA and Australia
Our very own Peter Insole will have a table of his adventures into railway modelling from buildings to locos.
David Rayner will be advising and demonstrating CAD and I’m sure will be showing some new products from his ‘Off the Rails’ range.

The Scale 7 Stores will be in attendance for you to collect advance orders and make purchases.

The Love Lane ‘previously owned’ table should have a selection of books and assorted modelling items for sale.

The address is:

Albury Village Hall
The Bourne
Albury Herts
SG11 2JD

Albury is easily reached from either East, M11 or West, A10 on the A120 to the Little Hadham traffic lights, where turning to the north for around 3 miles will lead to Albury Village. The Village Hall is signposted from the centre of the village. There will be a Scale 7 sign on the traffic lights and on the village signpost.

If you have any questions please contact me, details are in the S7 Newsletter or via this forum,

Tim

Last edited:

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Albury is easily reached from either East, M11 or West, A10 on the A120 to the Little Hadham traffic lights, where turning to the north for around 3 miles will lead to Albury Village. The Village Hall is signposted from the centre of the village. There will be a Scale 7 sign on the traffic lights and on the village signpost.​

Just a quick note to say that Little Hadham's bypass finally opened earlier this year so if you stay on the A120 you'll be going the wrong way!

There is a new roundabout at each end of the bypass; take the exit signed "The Hadhams, Albury, The Pelhams" onto the unclassified road (formerly the A120). Turn north at the Little Hadham traffic lights as described by Tim above.

See you all there :)

Last edited:

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
Much as I would love to come it would be to far and expensive for me to come. Would love to wish everyone to enjoy themselves.

Len

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Tim,

Can members from "over the border" bring items for sale on the pre-loved table?

regards, Graham

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Please ignore this message, I got it wrong!

It seems that Albury Road may be closed this weekend both north and south of Albury village hall. The alternative route from the south is the very minor road (very narrow, very twisty with few passing places) from the A120 via Albury End; when travelling from the east it's the first on the right after leaving the new Little Hadham bypass. If approaching from the north then I suggest via Manuden aiming directly for the Catherine Wheel as the road closure seems to be just north of this public house. Perhaps a local has some better ideas?
Albury Roadworks.png
Albury Village Hall, The Bourne, Albury, Herts, SG11 2JD. Data and map from one.network

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I hope this helps.

See you on Saturday.

Edited in light of responses below.

Last edited:

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Please ignore my previous directions.

It seems that Albury Road will be closed this weekend both north and south of Albury village hall. The alternative route from the south is the very minor road (very narrow, very twisty with few passing places) from the A120 via Albury End; when travelling from the east it's the first on the right after leaving the new Little Hadham bypass. If approaching from the north then I suggest via Manuden aiming directly for the Catherine Wheel as the road closure seems to be just north of this public house. Perhaps a local has some better ideas?
View attachment 162052
Albury Village Hall, The Bourne, Albury, Herts, SG11 2JD. Data and map from one.network

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I hope this helps.

See you on Saturday.
David,

Clicking on the link says the road is closed Thurs, Fri, Mon, and Tues if I've read it correctly.

Tim

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Clicking on the link says the road is closed Thurs, Fri, Mon, and Tues if I've read it correctly.
Mea culpa
I didn't click to get the details, just read the "closed 28 Apr to 3 May" heading.

My apologies to all for raising your heartbeats too much. Tim, have another whisky or two and calm down :) .

But please be aware that there have been lots of roadworks in this area for a couple of years now and they don't always stick to the published schedules. Nor do they always clear away the diversion signs when they've finished :rant: