Simon

Flying Squad
What a very handsome locomotive in a really nice livery, I can quite see why you fell for it. Just think, if you went the "Dyke Route" (oo-er) then you could run it next to what David Jenkinson called a "tragic farce" in his 1996 "British Railcars" book, the very singular Sentinel railcar.

Which to my eyes it is rather funky, although possibly a bit of an unlikely subject for a RTR model.

But who knows, stranger things are being produced.....

Simon

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
What a very handsome locomotive in a really nice livery, I can quite see why you fell for it. Just think, if you went the "Dyke Route" (oo-er) then you could run it next to what David Jenkinson called a "tragic farce" in his 1996 "British Railcars" book, the very singular Sentinel railcar.

Which to my eyes it is rather funky, although possibly a bit of an unlikely subject for a RTR model.

But who knows, stranger things are being produced.....

Simon

Morning Simon,

Ah! Dear old No.6.....all very Flash Gordon.

I do have something of a soft spot for early railcars and steam railmotors etc.

As you say, there are some strange things being produced now days so never say never. As an example, I do find myself inexplicably drawn to the forthcoming Rails of Sheffield L&NER petrol railcar jobbie.

I also have a curious fascination with the WC&PR's Drewry Railcar No.5.......

Now, if the D1 had been loaned to a to a somewhat threadbare, failing light railway,............

Oh dear........

Last edited:

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Now, if the D1 had been loaned to a to a somewhat threadbare, failing light railway,............

Oh dear........
A couple of D1s were loaned to Ayr in the 1940s, mostly used for station pilot work but they did work trains on the Maidens and Dunure light railway. Not a failing railway then as it served a number airfields, munitions stores and of course Turnberry hotel which was used by a lot of top brass involved in war work!.

Ian.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
This view of the business end of the Bleatingham Asylum Railway (BAR!) is particularly inspiring.
It has been added to my "one day, some day, probably never" list.
View attachment 154172
Image gleaned from the internet with the sole purpose of nudging Sheepbloke to do something "up norf".

Rob

That's a cracking image, Rob........However, the location for the next layout will certainly be in the South. Not sure where yet. In order of personal preference we have L&SWR, LB&SCR then SECR so at present, your guess is as good as mine where this could end up notionally based........

Simon

Flying Squad
Hellingly Hospital Railway....is there some sort of theme developing here?

I don't think they were all exclusively reserved for the criminally insane:p

Simon

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Well, last post for 2021.

Looking back at 2021 there's been a few false starts
:blush:
, some technological breakthroughs
:O
, a few changes of direction
:(
, before finally settling on a suitable victim,
:butcher:
, sorry project.......I do look forward to finally making some progress with Ewe ( ! ? )
:senile:
, not getting sidetracked in the meantime
:devil:
and gathering bits for D1 land,
:gamer:
once I've decided upon what form that will take
:mail:
:read:

Can I therefore take the opportunity to wish all of you who are, without a doubt, the very finest of types the Happiest of New Years and a heartfelt wish that we can look forward to a fun filled and productive 2022.

Onward and most certainly upward. See you all next year........
:good:

Rob.