4mm TREWITHEN

Andy P

Western Thunderer
This morning I decided to remove the Dairy and put in place a temporary Grass bank to see how it looks.

TBH the scenery behind the Dairy was to good to waste and be hidden, and now I think / now I prefer this View.

The Milk Tanks can be unloaded in the Yard, direct to a Tanker.
IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8302.JPG

IMG_8303.JPG

IMG_8304.JPG

IMG_8299.JPG

IMG_8300.JPG

Nick Rogers

Western Thunderer
Andy commissioned (I suppose that’s the right word!) to build a few structures for him.

Over the past couple of days I’ve been painting various buildings up.

I thought I would share the Ratio cattle dock first. This is pretty much done, or as far as I’m going to take it. The basic structure has had a significant amount of bracing added underneath in the form of plastic rod to ensure the surface didn’t drop.

Each stone was painted individually using a range of Humbrol grey enamels and a mortar wash applied.

The surface was painted in Humbrol 70 with various bricks picked out in Humbrol 82 and 100. A mortar wash was then applied.

The fence posts were given a goat of Games Workshop white primer and then installed along with the wire. A dirty grey/black sprayed over the posts and wire using my Neo by Iwata airbrush.

A small amount of dry brushing was then applied to the gates and the hinges painted back. I might do a small amount of ‘rust’ drying brushing over the coming days.

2982C873-1852-4D66-BDBE-66B173CBCD7A.jpeg

F1B7A0E5-A545-4381-B190-9149C4DF3215.jpeg
Again, I might do a bit of ‘mucky’ weathering on the surface if I get 5 minutes.

Bit more later,

Nick.

Nick Rogers

Western Thunderer
Below are a few photos of the signal box, which Andy asked me to build and paint.

The stone base was painted in a similar away to the cattle dock. The timber frame was painted in Humbrol 71 for the cream and 160 for the brown.

I then painted some of the slates individually and then carefully airbrushed over the top with a suitable colour. The chimney stack was painted in a range of brick and orange shades and needs a bit of toning down before that can be signed off.

The windows and door have been built and await installation. Final jobs include wire for the handrail and guttering.

I hope this reflects a signal box in Cornwall towards the twilight of its days…

D8FBC3CD-4461-427B-80FE-4F532BC9B030.jpegAE4847B4-FEC8-45C2-A3A3-517BAE9D76A4.jpegB8D25CFB-3CAE-46E9-A875-9750897BE6CA.jpeg

Attachments

• 64CE2837-364F-4C1D-8D55-269D47930EFB.jpeg
    64CE2837-364F-4C1D-8D55-269D47930EFB.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 1

LarryG

Western Thunderer
This morning I decided to remove the Dairy and put in place a temporary Grass bank to see how it looks.

TBH the scenery behind the Dairy was to good to waste and be hidden, and now I think / now I prefer this View.

The Milk Tanks can be unloaded in the Yard, direct to a Tanker.
View attachment 164134
Andy, just my tuppence worth: The milk tanks could be served by a dairy off scene and then stored at the terminus waiting to be taken away. This would happen if entry to the dairy sidings could only be accessed in one direction, in this particular case the down direction, possibly because of a gradient.

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Below are a few photos of the signal box, which Andy asked me to build and paint.

The stone base was painted in a similar away to the cattle dock. The timber frame was painted in Humbrol 71 for the cream and 160 for the brown.

I then painted some of the slates individually and then carefully airbrushed over the top with a suitable colour. The chimney stack was painted in a range of brick and orange shades and needs a bit of toning down before that can be signed off.

The windows and door have been built and await installation. Final jobs include wire for the handrail and guttering.

I hope this reflects a signal box in Cornwall towards the twilight of its days…

View attachment 164146View attachment 164147View attachment 164149
Nick the work you have done on this and the Cattle Dock is truly amazing, lets just say that I'm more than impressed and a H A P P Y C H A P P Y

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Andy, just my tuppence worth: The milk tanks could be served by a dairy off scene and then stored at the terminus waiting to be taken away. This would happen if entry to the dairy sidings could only be accessed in one direction, in this particular case the down direction, possibly because of a gradient.
Cheers Larry, Paul (pwr) on the other channel said similar, so the Tanks will now form part of the through Traffic, and occasionally held over as you have suggested, which is another brilliant idea and forms even more operational interest.
Thanks for you valuable input. :thumbs:

Gismorail

Western Thunderer
Agree with Larry’s “tuppence worth” it’s a good idea. Felt the dairy looked a bit small now you will have an excuse to increase the traffic amount to the dairy without taking up valuable space. You could have a local passenger dropping off some milk tanks in the siding ready for shunting in a later movement. All looking positive Andy ;)

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Agree with Larry’s “tuppence worth” it’s a good idea. Felt the dairy looked a bit small now you will have an excuse to increase the traffic amount to the dairy without taking up valuable space. You could have a local passenger dropping off some milk tanks in the siding ready for shunting in a later movement. All looking positive Andy ;)
Cheers Martin, Its always good to get feedback from you Guys.

All your comments are taken on board, stored and probably the forgotten. :D:eek::drool::drool::thumbs:

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Video No 11, featuring mainly the New Forest Model Railway Club Show in Brockenhurst, Hampshire.

Andy P

Western Thunderer
The Blue / Grey Mk 1's arrived this week. A two pack set in NSE Branding and complete with passengers and light factory weathering. Yes very pleased.
IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

Andy P

Western Thunderer
This morning I have knocked up a Coaling Stage for the Steam Locos, (well it wouldn't be for Diesels now would it!).
Just some scraps of Plasticard.
IMG_8349.JPG

A Hot Glue Gun,
IMG_8350.JPG

A bit of filler.
IMG_8351.JPG

Some Paint.
IMG_8354.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG

Some PVA.
:D:D

And some real, Ex Great Central Coal Dust,

DSCF8362.JPG

DSCF8363.JPG

DSCF8361.JPG

I'm sure it will look O.K. once bedded in.