Magazine Voie Libre

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
I bought a copy of this english language French quarterly published magazine because I was curious. It is an enjoyable read with a certain wry amusement to the content however personally I don't think I want to pursue it although there is some interesting modelling from a Gallic persuasion. I am happy to send it to anyone who might be interested for the postage.
Regards
Martin
IMG_2206.JPG

puck.

Hi Martin

I’d be interested in giving this a once over. Seen it mentioned a few times. Please let me know postage and how you’d like it.

Andy

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
Your welcome to it however PM me your address and I'll post it in the morning. I don't suppose 2nd class postage will be much at all.
Martin

Simon H

I subscribed to Voie Libre for several years in the late 90s/early noughties; I was visiting France frequently at the time, and had developed an interest (which I still have) in obscure French Secondary railways. At the time, a lot of the modelling content was prototype-based, often featuring drawings of buildings and rolling stock.
Then as now, there was also quite a bit of freelance, impressionistic, sometimes a bit "cartoon-ish" modelling.
I've kept a few copies, especially the one which features my (English, industrial, 0-14) layout, and when the time comes for me to build a French layout, they will be a good reference.
Prompted by this post, I have just plucked my most recent (Oct/Nov/Dec 22) copy from the shelf, so that's the rest of the evening gone

cloggydog

I take Voie Libre digitally, via Pocketmags - it's about £21 for 4 issues. Quirky and fun, with plenty of inspiration if narrow gauge and/or light railways are your thing. While there is often a Gallic slant, other countries do get a look-in regularly.

Simon H

I've just bought a copy of the issue of Voie Libre in your original post, @Martin Shaw , mostly because of the article on the Piha Tramway, which I have seen a few photos of in the past; for me, it was worth buying just for the (enhanced?) photos in the article. I bought the next issue at the same time (the Hobby Shop, Faversham, sells it). It's an odd mixture of a magazine; from fairly studious prototype articles and drawings to some pretty bizarre stuff. Not for everyone, certainly...but it may inspire me to do something.
Cheers,
Simon.