7mm Watery Lane

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Tipton and Dudley port in the garden

Ressaldar said:
Hi Ian,

just been looking through Paul Bartlett's site and came across this little gem which might be of interest to you

http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/c1162812.html

It gave me some ideas.

regards

Mike
Hello mike

yes I found those quite by accident yesterday thats why I knew the underframes were not straight forward. I does look like a nice little coach though doesn't it and the survived until 1979 according to the web pages hummmm

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Hi Ian, yes you were right mate ,your Mk1 looks exellent :bowdown: :bowdown: Top job done there. :thumbs:
I look forward to the next installment

Rob :wave:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

Jordan said:
It'd be interesting to see a Heljan Mk1 next to it... :scratch: ;)
I think Easybuild MK1's are far superior to the Heljan offering & when you think you can almost buy two of these for the price of one Heljan Mk1, I wish they had been available when I was modifying Lima's (as I wouldn't have bothered ). At the price I think they are one of the best Layout MK1's available :scratch:

Phill :thumbs:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer

Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""Jordan"":2nokn3yg]It'd be interesting to see a Heljan Mk1 next to it... :scratch: ;)
I think Easybuild MK1's are far superior to the Heljan offering ...[/quote:2nokn3yg]
That's sort of what I was getting at... ;) :thumbs:

mth

Western Thunderer

as we are talking about easybuild, and ian was going to post these, here are some photo's of the pair I've built.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 104
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 104

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

Very nice MTH :bowdown: , I have some of those Easybuild plastic windows to paint........what method did you use ?

28ten

Guv'nor

mth said:
as we are talking about easybuild, and ian was going to post these, here are some photo's of the pair I've built.
I do like a green Mk1 :thumbs: IMHO they look better than the Heljan

mth

Western Thunderer

I have some of those Easybuild plastic windows to paint........what method did you use ?

Phill
In short, the long way :headbang: .
I covered both sides of the 'glass' area with masking tape :headbang:
It tackes a time to do one coach but is worth it in the long run. Also found out a way of geting the frosted look to the toilet's :thumbs: . Remove the masking from the inside before you appile the last coat of varnish :cool: .

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

mth said:
I have some of those Easybuild plastic windows to paint........what method did you use ?

Phill
In short, the long way :headbang: .
I covered both sides of the 'glass' area with masking tape :headbang:
It tackes a time to do one coach but is worth it in the long run. Also found out a way of geting the frosted look to the toilet's :thumbs: . Remove the masking from the inside before you appile the last coat of varnish :cool: .

Yes I thought they might be fun to paint :headbang: :laugh: , I painted the outside of my toilet windows with matt varnish :thumbs:

Phill :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Jordan said:
Do i spy working drop-head buckeyes on them..??? :shock: :scratch: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I have a drop head buckeye on my Westdale BCK and if its like mine a JLTRT one then "Ouch" at ?8 a set there not cheap. But its needed for the end of the rake. Good job Kadee's are'nt expensive ( glad US prices are cheap) ;)

Rob :wave:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.

Hi Ian, sorry about the delayed response to your posts I have been away (not at her majesty's pleasure just in case any of you were thinking) :-[ The easibuild Mk1 FK you've made looks superb you really are showing me up with how fast you've got on with it ;D ;D Ill have to get my finger out Ha Ha.. great work!!!!! Ross...

D1054

Western Thunderer

As someone who invested in the Mk1 Heljans at Telford, I can only agree with your comments about the Easybuilds when well constructed and finished - they look superb. I needed a rake quickly for the show, so splashed out with the Heljan stock but I have to say that (given the construction time) I would have gone the Easybuild or JLTRT kit route. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Heljans are good models (despite a glass window frame falling out, and a wobble my FKO!!! - as easily seen on the video on Longroyd), but they are pretty expensive and I would agree can be surpassed by good kits, lots of hard work, and great workmanship!

Very nice indeed mth.

Ian.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

I very nearly invested in a Heljan but decided to split the funds and buy materials as well as coaches and a brake tender. I will have a rake of Big Big, JLTRT, and easy Build no Heljans i'm afraid

Ian