Welshwizards Models

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Adrian,

thanks for that, I am waiting very patiently for the paints to arrive, so I will be taking in all of the advice that is being offered and then give it a try.

cheers

Mike

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Definitely a case of lack of familiarity with the medium for me, Mike.

Pugsley, PMP, Pennine and I did a weathering teach-in 2½ years ago at one of the RMweb open days where I was very interested to find that acrylics are a major constituent of both Pugs' & PMP's weathering armoury, and their results speak for themselves. Gouache for rusting effects is another medium they introduced to me which I've yet got to get to grips with, but again, the results can be stunning.

Like soldering irons, fluxes, post-soldering cleaning agents et al, there's always more than one way of doing things, and you've just got to find the one that works for you and you're comfortable with.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Fred,

I've fancied one of these ever since I read about the development of the kit in MRJ. Looking at the frames do you think it would be an easy S7 conversion? Also do you get the option to build the Doncaster firebox version? Will you be starting the kit soon Fred, it would be great to se some build pictures if you get chance please,

ATB Mick

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Colin.
Forgot to tell you picked up Snowhill models Austerity at Bristol , very nice kit !!!.
Are you building this one soon Fred?
Having looked at the Oakville kit I sold it and have decided to scratch build instead, in S7 of coarse. I have a very large G.A. drg. and need to start working on patterns sometime.

ATB, Col.

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Fred,

I've fancied one of these ever since I read about the development of the kit in MRJ. Looking at the frames do you think it would be an easy S7 conversion? Also do you get the option to build the Doncaster firebox version? Will you be starting the kit soon Fred, it would be great to se some build pictures if you get chance please,

ATB Mick
Mick.
Haven't really studied the instructions or variants yet or options for scale, and will not be making a start anytime soon sorry Mick. As with it all mate i am the last one in the que !!!, still cometh the day !.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer

John D

Western Thunderer
That LNW tank is indeed a very nice model ....I've seen it before and I still cannot believe that someone of the stature of EU made a couple of howlers on it:eek:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Fantastic work Fred :thumbs: I was lucky enough to see these two in the flesh at Telford. Oh and also touch some of the weathering effects, the texture is bang on which adds to the overall wonderful appearance,

ATB Mick