What is it?

King Crab

Western Thunderer
OK I picked this up in a junk shop, about ten years ago. Somewhere in the Furness area.
I'm thinking it is LNWR 'Hardwicke' but please feel free to add your own thoughts.
Approximately Gauge 1 size.

I don't think I'll try and complete it, just leave it as a lovingly crafted model from an anonymous builder.

Peter

LNWR-1.1.jpg LNWR-2.1.jpg

adrian

Flying Squad
OK I picked this up in a junk shop, about ten years ago. Somewhere in the Furness area.
I'm thinking it is LNWR 'Hardwicke' but please feel free to add your own thoughts.
Approximately Gauge 1 size.

I don't think I'll try and complete it, just leave it as a lovingly crafted model from an anonymous builder.
View attachment 149746 View attachment 149747
That's a nice little example of wood carving and turning. I think the only thing I would change, if possible, is to swop one of the spoked drivers over to the rear axle on one side. So drivers all solid on one side and both spoked on the other.

King Crab

Western Thunderer
That's a nice little example of wood carving and turning. I think the only thing I would change, if possible, is to swop one of the spoked drivers over to the rear axle on one side. So drivers sall solid on one side and both spoked on the other.

That's a bright idea!
Peter