Workbench for Penwithick

An update, I sprayed the Tiger white, then the roof grey and finally added a light brown wash to bring it all together. I then added all the decals; There are a few decals missing that are on the real one but I wanted to save money as the cost to have the decals produced was by number of colours used.

Anyway, photos later when I've had my tea!

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
looking really good there Jack, you wouldn't need many of those to fill up an O gauge shunty plank.

regards

Mike

E

ewsjo

That's looking real nice mate, can't wait to see some dirt on it  ;D
At least the 70s compressor can be taken indoors...  ;)
cheers

jo

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Thought I was seeing double there was just about to call the boss to say double pictures again!!!, anyway looks good, replicate those in 'O' and you will have a winner and something unusual to boot.

Ian

I'd love to do some of these models in O but the trouble is I don't have the space! I have done an O scale model of a Polish Wls 150 760mm locomotive plus some wagons but the trouble is I don't have anywhere to build a layout.

I have two current projects, Penwithick and also a 16' x 2' 6" Austrian layout. The Austrian layout currently occupies about 50% of my modelling space. Maybe once it is finished and packed away I can think about an O scale project of some sort.

Regards,

Jack

Western Thunderer
Hi Jack.

Nice pics of the 08 & wagons. I started with N when my dad had OO. Half built a small station & shed, then stopped. Sold most of the loco's, wagons & coaches. I'm giving the layout & remaining bits to a customer of mine, whose son is into trains, with his grandad (sadly his grandad has passed away). hopefully he will carry on with the hobby.

Steve

It's good that the bits and pieces have gone to a good home; N scale has improved greatly in recent years and in an age when time and money are hard to come by N scale is a nice way of building a bigger layout in a smaller space; Or a smaller layout in an even smaller space. Hopefully your contribution will inspire him to carry on his grandfather's hobby.

Kindest Regards,

Jack

CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi :wave:

+1 :thumbs:

Any more photos of your work Jack?

ATVB,

CME :wave:

Yes, I have some pictures of the clay dries and the layout as it currently is. I will post these over the next couple of days  ;)

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Western Thunderer
Rods of Revolution said:
It's good that the bits and pieces have gone to a good home; N scale has improved greatly in recent years and in an age when time and money are hard to come by N scale is a nice way of building a bigger layout in a smaller space; Or a smaller layout in an even smaller space. Hopefully your contribution will inspire him to carry on his grandfather's hobby.

Kindest Regards,

Jack

I do hope so. if thats the case, Its been worthwhile.

Steve

Mansfield (Just outside Derbyshire).