1/32 Workbench

adrian

Flying Squad
I can do glazing for anything given accurate dimensions :)

Interested in the glazing - what would be required? If I drew it up in a CAD package would I need any allowance for cutting or no allowance required or does the cutter software sort that out?

Also thinking too much about laser cutting - have you tried cutting metal, i.e. steel, nickel silver or copper? I'm seriously thinking about getting a few frames and body work bits sorted.

28ten

Guv'nor
C'mon Cynric - pull yer finger out, mate:));)
There is a sample piece of glazing on its way with the wagon :)
I cant cut metal with this kit :( the best results I have seen are from cnc routers.
Adrian, yes there is a kerf usually about .1mm. if it needs really tight tolerances then I do a test piece and adjust accordingly.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
All I can say at the moment is that there will be corridor partitions for Easybuild and Lima Mk1 coaches and some unique scenic texture sheets, some test pieces can be seen below. Pallets look like a good idea ( I could do any size) once some suitable material for the cross pieces has been sourced. I can do glazing for anything given accurate dimensions :) A website will appear in due course, but im still in 'new product development phase' (management talk for mucking about :)) )
Oh and some desk tidy type things, There are lots of other things im working on but there are just not enough hours in a day
I will look forward to the list as & when :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Is that just because of the laser power or another reason?
Power is one reason, also metal splatter, and some of the required kit isnt domestically friendly :))

Keeping in mind Neils comment about the laser being too perfect, and my dislike of having to pick bricks with a scalpel, im working on a different approach to cutting and drawing, this is a 7mm sample with a certain amount of programmed randomness :))

IMG_4676.JPG

28ten

Guv'nor
Is that quote an invitation for another bout of Everett jokes?
Will we get to the bottom of the Rhubarb story?

Or do you have a cunning plan for winning the lottery?
It could be :) its a question of getting a machine to reproduce an organic entity. the downside to this is the time it takes to cut a side and the amount of work and general geekness (therefore cost) involved in producing the artwork. This shot gives a better idea of the extra texture of the piece.

IMG_4677.JPG

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
The most recent sample does have a realistic air to the appearance and I expect that you shall have great success with green mould as seems to be growing on the sample in post #228.

Your experimentation looks like you can replicate the differences between machine pressed and hand pressed/cut bricks.... what next? the "smile" on the side of an old-fashioned hand thrown brick?

D1054

Western Thunderer
Now this is getting out of hand..... All the other laser brickworks I've seen have been far too clinical, but you seem to have really mastered this, Cynric. Fabulous effects and probably can't be bettered?

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Here's an idea for you. That last piece looks the mutts nuts so would there not be a market for large sheets of the stuff? Like that people have got the option to build what they want and paint it in any colour they want. You could still develop building kits but if large sheets were available i reckon you'd be onto a winner ;)

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Here's an idea for you. That last piece looks the mutts nuts so would there not be a market for large sheets of the stuff? Like that people have got the option to build what they want and paint it in any colour they want. You could still develop building kits but if large sheets were available i reckon you'd be onto a winner ;)

Splendid idea Mark.

alcazar

This laser cutter?
Will it cut/mark brass?

How hard would it be for me to draw out the sides and roof of Falcon in 7mm scale, (or larger?) and would you/could you laser cut it?
What sort of cost would I be looking at?

Sorry for the sidetrack, please continue in PM if you prefer. Thanks.

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Crickey Cynric you are turning yourself into a little business in producing high quality model railway products. those pallets and the panelled wood are stunning and you are right to evolve your brick wall, the latest version is stunning.
How is the parcels hut coming on? I am looking for some nice timber and sleepers to make some coal staites for a small coal yard in 1/32nd.
Have you anymore of the etched bogie frames you produced for Fred`s Class 22, as I would like 2x sets for the class 21 & 29.
Cheers
Mr TV

28ten

Guv'nor
Steve, I can get some more done. Im getting John Taylor to profile mill the beam as it will be a little more robust. Ill email you some dimensioned drawings so you can check fit.
Sleepers are on the list, parcels hut just about ready, but I have been distracted by the arches :)

Neil

Western Thunderer
.... the downside to this is the time it takes to cut a side and the amount of work and general geekness .....

You are the geekmeister; that section of brickwork is absolutely stunning. You've got the blend of art and science spot on.