7mm 40126's Workbench

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
That's a good question, Steve. I've never bought anything from Gumtree, but if there's no opportunity for feedback I'd have thought the opportunity for a dodgy deal was much increased. At least with a feedback system (eg ebay) you have some idea about the reliability of an account holder.

(My own ebay account is "Above Standard" - is there an Emoticon for "Smirk"?). :)

Brian

Western Thunderer
Mine is too Brian. :thumbs:

The Mk1, if not used for a RTC vehicle, It's going to be part of my Scottish collection, to go behind one of the two 26's or 27 I have.

Sean, Are you selling stuff on eBay under the P.O. Doom name ?.

Steve :cool:

The Penguin Of Doom

Western Thunderer
I am Steve.

I'm having a clear out of stuff I'm unlikely to make a start on. I have too many 4mm and 7mm stuff and am finding recently that time is short what with having a little un' around the house now. No point in having stuff just lying around.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Western Thunderer
Oh, an Xmas pressie I bought for myself, from the kids, has just dropped. Around a tenner from Amazon.....

image.jpg

Had a very quick flick thru, before it was ripped from my fingers !!!. Very nice. This is the 5th book from Strathwood I have bought & I can definitely recommend them.

Western Thunderer
30th October !!!!!

Mojo has still not returned properly, but I've been buying plenty of books off T'Bay recently. Also been collecting some OO stuff for a little Scottish MPD & goods sidings.

image.jpg

I also have a box full of Class 06 unpainted shells that I bought a few years ago, in the garage. I'm gonna spray up & number them (by Steve @ Railtec ) & change some to the three window versions / numbers.

Last edited:

Western Thunderer
A little trip to Butterley Station at The Midland Railway Centre last Saturday. It would've been my Dad's 77th Birthday last week, so we went down to tidy the area where his ashes are scattered. & we put a new rememberance plaque in front of the 2 rose plants planted in his honour.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Some of the coaches on the other platform, Below

image.jpg
image.jpg

Love how just the end of this coach has been repainted !!

image.jpg
image.jpg

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
I think that the coaches look better before repainting. Gold letters on a Mk1? Is that correct?

It looks more like the "blood" before the "custard" has been applied to the top half. I do like the black ends though. But not the black grab handles by the doors. Etc.

OzzyO.

Western Thunderer
Just a little update ....

I was searching through my boxes of railway stuff & found my SPV's, & I found Mr Mojo hiding in there too !! Lol. I grabbed him quick & bought him back into the house. So I started the PS102. Think this one is going to be a Blue Spot Fish van.....

My temp workbench.....

image.jpeg

Western Thunderer
Right folks, I'm a bit confused.....

Is this a VAA, VBA or a VDA van.....

image.png

Just using for question only, will take off if need be.