A bit late but guid day fae The Mearns

Bear with me; I'm a slow processor and only found the introduction section just now after some months on WT!
This is not the first forum I've been on but apart from the Caley Forum it's the only one now really of any substance.
Originally from Glasgow I now live in Inverbervie (henceforth referred to by it's local and original name of 'Bervie) to where I returned home after a 23 year tour of duty in Carlisle!
I have a raft of various interests from pre group to the blue era. Primarily Scottish though I do have a lingering soft spot for the NE Region and the Cumberland and Westmoreland lines.
Right now, for the first time in 40 years, I'm creating my first proper layout; St Clements Goods; essentially a pastiche of the Aberdeen goods yards in the third quarter of the 20th Century.
I'll do a proper update on that over the next couple of days but I'm off to work just now so it needs to wait.
My moniker here is inspired by my big black greyhound dug. My best buddy!

More from me soon!

Davy.

IMG20240308210158.jpg

Dave F.

Western Thunderer
Hi Davy, I suspected who you were from your previous posts so welcome, as you say this is one of the better forums. Looking forward to seeing what you're getting up to these days.
Wharfeside has been invited to ModelRail Scotland in 2025 so the panic button is hard down and whilst working on it Jamie and I were talking and you were mentioned last week...

See you sometime.
Dave F.

Ian N

Hi Davy

And a welcome from me too. I'd noticed your moniker on the Hornby Black 5 thread, and thought there can't be too many people with a Gaelic dog name moniker who model ScR based Black 5s! Good to see you here and hoping that now you're getting more settled in your new home, you're finding more opportunities to get some modelling done.

cheers
Ian