Apollo Remastered

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
There's a replica (I believe) of the Hubble telescope in the Atlantis museum at Kennedy Space Centre.

The star of course is Atlantis, wheeled from it's last landing straight into the exhibition (after removal of sensitive and important equipment).

IMG_1572.jpg

It has not been treated or cleaned so the patina of space and re entry is still all there to see, each tile is unique and coded as such.
The introduction before you get to see it is pretty spectacular as well. :thumbs:

adrian

Flying Squad
Knowing how diverse our interests are, thought you might be interested in the above book. I have just received my copy, and IMHO it is outstanding. If you are into photography and/or space exploration I'm sure you will love it. Andy Saunders has spent 10 years examining and enhancing NASA's deep frozen negatives into digital masterpieces! 400 plus pages of excellence.

Regards Rog
Apologies for being late to the party here. Your thoughts were correct I ordered the book as soon as I heard about it. Also looking forward to a North-West exhibition.

It's a really nice addition to my library and he's managed to pull out some excellent new detail. It many ways it is very similar to the Apollo VII-XVII book. Apollo VII — XVII

This was published a few years ago and I'm chuffed to say this is one of the "kickstarter" projects I supported and it returned a result better than I expected. A slightly narrower range of flight missions but the photography and the book quality IMHO (not biased at all!!) Slightly edges this book, the details on the camera work is more detailed. However that said I'm glad both are on my bookshelf, and I have a mention at the end of the book.
apollo.jpg