Beattie Well Tank ?

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I'm not sure if it's my age but I have started to have a yearning for a Beattie Well Tank  :scratch: ;D, I'm not sure as to why it isn't exactly my preferred region, and I'm not sure if there is a kit for one of these in 7mm. So if anyone knows if there is a kit for one, I would be most grateful.

All the best,  Martyn. :thumbs:

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Martyn, Richard,

The Roxey one isn't the best of the whitemetal loco kits Dave Hammersley does (that honour goes to the gorgeous E4), but it's not as bad as the G6/02.  I suspect it'll go together well though.

I suggest it's worth talking to Dave himself and asking him about it.  He's very honest when asked.

If you prefer etched brass there's Laurie Griffin's (ex-Shedmaster)kit.  I've seen some lovely models made from this kit and understand it's one of the later/more accurate kits from this stable.  Again, I can be pretty sure that Laurie would give you an honest opinion.

I hope that's some help!

Steph

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Richard, Steph,

Thank you for the rapid response to my query, I must admit that I prefer the brass route rather than the whitemetal. So I will have a chat with Laurie at Reading in December I think  :scratch: :thumbs:.

Regards,  Martyn.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
3 LINK said:
I'm not sure if it's my age but I have started to have a yearning for a Beattie Well Tank  :scratch: ;D, I'm not sure as to why it isn't exactly my preferred region, and I'm not sure if there is a kit for one of these in 7mm. So if anyone knows if there is a kit for one, I would be most grateful.

All the best,  Martyn. :thumbs:

I know what you mean, they are a very handsome (?) cute (?) engine ?!

JB.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Scale7JB said:
I know what you mean, they are a very handsome (?) cute (?) engine ?!

JB.

Exactly, any small back water branch line should have one, it's one of those type of engines that was sure to have been given a pet name by it's drivers.

Martyn.  :thumbs: