Prototype Blue Era BR

BCN-Pete

Western Thunderer
Many thanks for sharing Ian - fabulous pics from a fabulous time on the railways - many happy memories!

Keep em coming!...

Last edited:

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
I hope this doesn't offend - it is a blue diesel, honest Guv, but in black and white.... :eek: !

A class 45 waiting near Derby Station with ecs to form a London working on the MML. The date ? Sorry, I cannot remember and forgot to put any reference on the original hard copy and can only say 'some time in the seventies'
img003.jpg

I perviously posted what colour pictures of blue diesels that I am able to reproduce suitably for WT elsewhere in the Gallery. Hope this monotone one may also be of interest.......;).

Roger.

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
I was surprised to see the Inter-City “Executive” livery on your HSTs in 1983 though, I’m not saying your dates are wrong, just surprised as I thought it was another year or so before that came out.
Fantastic nostalgia trip that makes me miss those carefree days a lot!
Cheers,
John
John,

From the RCTS Railway Observer, November 1983:

"253028, with spare power car 43151, has been repainted in APT-style livery, for the Executive Inter-City 125 service from Paddington, which started on 3rd October. A further set is to be done later this year."

Ian

allegheny1600

Western Thunderer
John,

From the RCTS Railway Observer, November 1983:

"253028, with spare power car 43151, has been repainted in APT-style livery, for the Executive Inter-City 125 service from Paddington, which started on 3rd October. A further set is to be done later this year."

Ian
Many thanks, Ian.
As I say, I didn’t doubt your dates, I was just surprised at how “early“ this livery appeared on other rolling stock. Of course, services from Paddington were some way away from my usual East Midlands stomping grounds!
I do recall being very impressed by the Executive livery at the time, it was very bright and modern then. Somewhat spoiled by the application to so many different vehicles in later years imho.
Cheers,
John