Boxcab

A little while ago I built an O gauge boxcab by cutting up an Atlas caboose and mounting it on an Atlas switcher chassis. I got the idea from a friend, Giles Barnabe, who did the same thing in HO and wrote it up in an article in Model Trains International. I asked him if I could copy his idea in O and he was very helpful. At the moment it's undecorated, but I'm going to print some decals in the name of my under-construction short line, when I can decide on what to call it that is...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_137f.jpg

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I got the idea from a friend, Giles Barnabe, who did the same thing in HO and wrote it up in an article in Model Trains International.
I don't recall the article offhand but MTI & Giles Barnabe are both very familiar names (I have never met Giles but always enjoyed his layouts & articles) :thumbs:

Looks a very neat & unique conversion, Les. :)

Thank you gentlemen. Yes it was in an older issue of MTI Jordan, I must find it again. Giles is a lovely chap and an accomplished and prolific modeller. He currently writes a lot for the Wealden Railway Group online newsletter and usually exhibits at our annual show. Website is Wealden Railway Group . The newsletter is in the members' area of the site and annual membership is £3.50, but there's quite a bit more in the public part of the site which can be accessed for free. Chris Ellis of MTI is (or until recently was) also a member and has done so very much for the hobby over more than half a century. I haven't been in touch with him for a year or more and I hope he's still with us, as he's well into his 80s now.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Chris Ellis of MTI is (or until recently was) also a member and has done so very much for the hobby over more than half a century. I haven't been in touch with him for a year or more and I hope he's still with us, as he's well into his 80s now.
Agreed. PM sent.