Building a Roxey coach kit

Daddyman

Western Thunderer
I’ve just started familiarising myself with a batch of 4mm coaches from D&S, and the client has decided he wants Rumney Models/Miscellany Models bogies.
Which D&S are you building, Heather? Miscellany suggests Fox bogies, which might suggest NER carriages. If so, there are a lot of traps to avoid, which I can help with...

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
If so, there are a lot of traps to avoid, which I can help with...

Thanks! I’m still digging through the references and checking what’s in the boxes. If you don’t mind, we can leave it until I start a thread on the job, rather than clutter Tim's. :thumbs:

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Ironically, sitting on the shelf is a ‘for spares only’ Bachmann Bulleid replete with absolutely stonking bogies……

Tim

Daddyman

Western Thunderer
Looks like there's a bit of a mismatch between roof and end profile? This might be of some use:

simond

Western Thunderer
Don’t get worried, work out what’s wrong, and sort it!

(apologies, that sounds trite, and I don’t mean it to, it sometimes takes weeks or months, but you’ll get there!)

Jack P

If you haven't already secured the buffers at the driving trailer end - Markits do some really nice SECR Pattern sprung ones (available from Roxey). I plan to fit them to mine when it ends up getting built.

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Finally, set 660 is weathered and finished, an exSECR railmotor 314 is under consideration if a decent kit can be found. In the meantime, this will have to do.
Tim

IMG_0928.jpg