Cartoon Favourites

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Now that the evenings are drawing in some of us might have time to wonder on the brighter side of life... such as deciding which is the most popular contemporary cartoon character.

Suggestions please... and then maybe we can persuade the Guv'nor to start a poll based upon the posts to this thread.

Given the username of a recent joiner to the forum I shall offer Shaun the Sheep (so as to leave W&G for Dean).

regards, Graham

daifly

Western Thunderer
My hero:
images

Of course!

S

Simon Dunkley

Tom and Jerry, but only under the production of Fred Quimby - a man who had no sense of humour to speak of, but kept the money people at MGM of Hanna and Barbera's backs.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
What an interesting collection of suggestions.... we sure do spend some time with our favourites. Actually, when I started this thread I was thinking of animated cartoon characters rather than the Schulz style and syndication... odd that Snoopy has not come up as yet.

So, Wallace and Gromit, Shrek and Despicable-me rather than Dilbert and Desparate Dan.

JimG

Western Thunderer
For those of central Scottish descent, it has to be Bud Neill's "Lobby Dosser" and his faithful steed, "El Fideldo", the only two legged horse in the West. :) Bud and his characters are now commemorated in a statue in Glasgow funded by public conscription.

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/image.php?inum=TGSa05152

They appeared as cartoon strips and single cartoons in the Glasgow Evening Standard and the Sunday Mail in the 50s and 60s.

Jim.

Simon

Flying Squad
Pardon? Someone will be offering "Clue" next. Time to go for a rest, any room in the Old Codger's Lounge?

I think we can make a bit of space, only thing is that there are no prunes left, so get a couple of tins on your way in there's a good chap.

Anyone else list to today's "Robin and Wendy's Wet Weekends" on R7 this morning - an absolute corker:thumbs:

Reg*

*My verbally (at least) incontinent alter ego, a bus conductor by trade.

PS I've just heard a great line on the radio, NUS president on Clegg's apology, something like "no solace in a broken promise"

Snoopy every time.

PPS How the hell did he used to sleep on top of his kennel?