Checking in!

jhockuk

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I thought I would say hello, I was informed about this site by Brushtype4 after posting my first efforts in O gauge over on RMweb.

As I say I have just started out I O gauge, my interests are primarily in the modern scene and that is what I am aiming to model. So far as have built a Parkside Grampus which is yet to have brakes added as I want to model the vac braked version, I have some bits on order with Parkside to do this.

I have also started my first brass kit, an OBA from PRMRP which is proving to good fun but a challenge!

The plan is to build a couple a small layout representing a couple sidings being used by engineers, I have a bit of thing for engineering stock.

Here a couple of (bad) pics of progress so far:

20130104_223417.jpg

20130104_223351.jpg

20121219_184543.jpg

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Your build of a PRMRP OBA might just be of interest for those intending to take their wallet to the Bristol show in two weeks.

Welcome, Graham

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the forum Jhockuk:thumbs:.

Your build on the OBA is interesting and i will be watching this thread on how you get on with it:thumbs:

Rob:)

S

SteveO

Welcome! I was following your threads on RMW. I'm a fellow beginner brass kit builder too so watching with interest. Take a look at my wagons thread in my sig below. Well done so far.

jhockuk

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, real name is James.

I have dabbled in P4 before, but I think I will give S7 a miss for the moment, please don't take any offence, I have seen some cracking S7 layouts but I will stick with standard O gauge for the moment.

It will be a blue loco that is my first, as I have a Dapol 08 on order from my local model shop, but it could end up with a repaint....

marsa69

Western Thunderer
That's another recruit for the Brigade then. Get yourself over to The Blue Brigade headquarters and report in for your basic training. This will involve plumbing and kettle recognition lessons, guerilla warfare for counter-green meanie insurgencies and lessons in the art of tiffin. What are you waiting for then? Get moving 'eft 'ight 'eft 'ight 'eft 'ight 'eft :p

Sgt Marsa

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Welcome James,

I'm glad I don't need to tell what colour is best :) now what's all this about you going all Finescale on us?

Looking forward to your workbench thread and don't worry about asking questions but shout up if you're sitting at the back. :thumbs: