Cobbolds Wharf - A new club layout

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
The Bury St Edmunds MRC, my local club, has embarked on a 7mm exhibition standard layout to be loosely based on Ipswich Docks. The name Cobbold Wharf comes from the Tolly Cobbold brewery based in Ipswich.

A few meetings have been had between interested parties and it has been agreed to build to S7 standards. This is for a couple of reasons, we have a few S7 contacts locally and little access to fine scale layouts combined with apart from myself and Barry Norman who is also a member of the group, everyone is starting from scratch in 7mm. Hopefully in the fullness of time, they may find their way to Sudbury and become paid up S7 members :)

So to the layout plan...

CAD Version Plan 3.jpg

More to follow...

S7BcSR

Western Thunderer
All the best with this Phil. Look forward to seeing piccies as it develops. Hope you manage to overfill Sudbury.
Rob

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Even though it's loosely based, I recognised the area they have choosen straight away, it's the curve round from the lock gates to the Cliffe Quay. In later years it was fun to watch 08's with freightliner trains and massive Euro bogie cargowagonssqueeze around that curve :eek: There was also a little ship yard and slip way just by the lock gates control tower.