D600 RTR on Ebay

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
...not for the faint hearted I think.
In what sense..? As you say in the OP, it's RTR. It's also Steve Beattie's own Ebay outlet selling it; as I read it it's "one he made earlier", as a test piece almost. So the only bravery required is opening wallet... :D

A bit OT, did anyone else see the Heljan 47 posted up recently at ?275 Buy-it-now.? It didn't last long, naturally - less than 24hrs IIRC.!! (wasn't me, either :headbang: )

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan,

purely from the test piece aspect and possibly the general look? They were, in my opinion, a nice looking engine, but with so many curves, it makes it very difficult to replicate in model form.

regards

Mike

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys,

Being that I am a true 100% kettle fan ( with a slight yearning for a 08  :scratch: must be the coupling rods  :)) ). I have not got a clue when it comes to any descriptions regarding diesels, so could someone enlighten me to the term Mr Beattie has used in his ebay advert "Resin Cab interior including Fruit Machine and seats from NBL works drawings." What is a Fruit Machine" , excluding the obvious  ::).

ATB,  Martyn.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
3 LINK said:
Hi Guys,

Being that I am a true 100% kettle fan ( with a slight yearning for a 08  :scratch: must be the coupling rods  :)) ). I have not got a clue when it comes to any descriptions regarding diesels, so could someone enlighten me to the term Mr Beattie has used in his ebay advert "Resin Cab interior including Fruit Machine and seats from NBL works drawings." What is a Fruit Machine" , excluding the obvious  ::).

ATB,  Martyn.

+1 :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
3 LINK said:
Hi Guys,

ATB,  Martyn.

The fruit machine was a term given to the control desk as it looked like a fruit machine with the pull handle does any one have a piccy

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
In what sense..? As you say in the OP, it's RTR. It's also Steve Beattie's own Ebay outlet selling it; as I read it it's "one he made earlier", as a test piece almost. So the only bravery required is opening wallet... :D

A bit OT, did anyone else see the Heljan 47 posted up recently at ?275 Buy-it-now.? It didn't last long, naturally - less than 24hrs IIRC.!! (wasn't me, either :headbang: )

Errrr it was me im affraid . Couldnt resist it at that price :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:

I don't blame you - it'd be rude not to buy it at that price...!! :thumbs:

How soon before we see it on here then..?? :scratch: :D ;)

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
Hi Jordan,

purely from the test piece aspect and possibly the general look? They were, in my opinion, a nice looking engine, but with so many curves, it makes it very difficult to replicate in model form.

regards

Mike
...and you have very politely refrained from stating the obvious... that it's an S.B. kit in the first place.... ;)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:

You've kept that one quiet Rob  :thumbs:........when will it be on your workbench & which one will it be ?...............no point asking what livery of course  ;D :)) :))

Phill  :wave:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Back on topic, I think the 600 looks pretty good to me & with a bit of fettling & weathering it would look really nice  8)

Phill  :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Rob I owe you an opology I got my wires crossed I thought I read you had purchased the Warship and over looked the 47 sorry mate

Ian

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

I like the D600s too. I am following the SB rework of his kit. I have seen the new bogie etchings, and very nice they look too - as does the brasswork of the body. The real let down in his kits tends to be the resin cab/ noses/tanks/details - in fact anything not CAD designed etchings, principally because the masters are rotten. I am waiting to see a) how much is not brass, b) how good the non-brass bits are (I'm not holding my breath on that one) and c) whether I can be bothered to scrathbuild the bits I don't like.

I did one of these in 4mm scale years ago, and have always thought them very purposeful looking locos. It had the added advantage that I could escape temporarily from Area 51 too ;D.

Richard

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Dikitriki said:
Hi

..... It had the added advantage that I could escape temporarily from Area 51 too ;D.

Richard

you will need more than one 'seconder' to get your passport stamped ;) ;) ;) and a lot of brown envelopes might be needed as well - these WR lot need a lot of persuading to let us Emmets in :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

regards

Mike

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi guy's, the 47 will appear on here soooon. But it has been re-numbered and named North Eastern :eek: :headbang: so of course the plates will come off and be re-re numbered.

Phill, not sure yet mate which one yet :scratch:i will have a think and as soon as i know you will :thumbs:
By the way the D600 looks pretty good from the pic ( i know these can be deceiving ). Has Steve Beattie improved his kits ?