Easybuild Class 121/122 DMU

clarky

Western Thunderer
Totally agree. Their service is excellent and thoroughly recommended. Everything arrives within a few days!

Simon

Flying Squad
clarky said:
Here's the other![attachimg=1]

I like the look of that!

Thanks for sharing, if it ever thought of travelling I know it would be welcomed at a certain quality show at Bradford on Avon :-[ Even as a "work in progress".

I still can't believe they demolished the place, to this day it remains a useless wasteland awaiting an "exciting" new development :headbang:

Back to the thread, I look forward to seeing the unit develop, no matter how slow you are I bet you beat me with my blown up attempt at the same subject :))

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Clarky, Very impressive :bowdown: :bowdown:. Even at this stage it oozes 70's. Keep those progress pics coming, i'm really looking forward to this one :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the kind comments chaps!    It seems to have brought back some memories of great times past.    I'll keep up with the photos. The point kits and 10 metre lengths of rail have arrived so I can get on with some more tracklying at the weekend.   

clarky

Western Thunderer
A few technical difficulties!    And neither of them have passed their Track Safety Exam!    I'm going to teach them to lay ballast!

Attachments

• Image0165[1].jpg
    Image0165[1].jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11

clarky

Western Thunderer
I've got 3 JLRT Westerns (going to be Crusader, Sovereign and Empire) and a Peak (going to be 3rd Carabinier) - All as yet unbuilt and in their boxes.  I've also got a partially built Tower Warship (Dragon).  I've done a lot of work on one of my 47s (1611) and one Hymek (7070)  Next job (apart from the depot) is get the other 47 (1674) and the other Hymek (7041) up to the same level.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Oooooooooo now thats what i call a choice :thumbs: I wait in anticipation :drool: :drool: for the Clarky workbench with all that loverly WESTERN building :drool: :drool: I hope they will all be in BLUE

Rob :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
ALL will be blue!  Didn't realise that there was any other colour!  I thought that maroon stuff was undercoat!    I guess if I'm going to put regular progress photos, that I'd better start a new thread for it.  As a separate (but related) note, have any of you guys got info re Bath Road based Class 08s in 1970 and in particular which ones were painted blue?    Any help would be much appreciated!  I'm really struggling for info.  Graeme       

Western Thunderer
Hi Clarky. You were talking earlier, coming from the best city in the world !!. Ofcourse i mean Derby, ( I too am from Derby ) & DMU's in the 70's / 80's.  Do you remember the DMU that derailed coming into platform 4 at Derby in the early eighties. I was there & saw it happen. it fell into the base of the footbridge !!. P.s I'm looking forward to seeing your 08 in blue from Bristol Bath Road  :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi 40126    I don't remember the derailment, but I've spent hours on Platform 4 over the years.  Many of them cold ones!!  If my memory serves me correctly, that was where all the Westbound Birmingham/Bristol line trains went from.    I was looking at the JLRT 08.  Trouble is, I can't find any info about which ones were at BR in Blue in 1970.    Graeme

Western Thunderer
Hi Clarky, Have you tried Shunterspotter on t'internet ?. Someone on there might know about 08 at Bristol Bath Road in 70's.
8)
Steve

Western Thunderer
Just looked on RPA site & found a green 08 D3743 3rd June 1972 at BBR. Good hunting !!  :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

a nice surprise in the post today, a reply from Chiltern Railways regarding the Sandite layout of the 121. Not only a marked-up drawing but also a CD with some very nice internal shots of the sandite equipment and the drivels control desk.

I have updated my original drawings and if anybody is interested for a copy, send me a PM - with your email address. Not sure where any copyright lies with the photos so I will hold fire on posting those here.

regards

Mike